Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for those that know about selling handguns in Texas . I got a friend that wants to buy a handgun from me personally . He's legal , just got his LTC not long ago but has not purchased his own gun yet , always borrowed from his family . So what is required and how do I sell ? What paperwork do I need and what info from him do I need ? Otherwords the full process from start to finish . Can I sell straight to him or do we have to get a FFL involved ? Thanks for your inputs !

·
Administrator
40,576 Posts
There are no requirements in Texas. Having said that, for your own peace of mind, you can go thru an FFL, or make a bill of sale with pertinent information with signatures for your own records. I've started doing the later, since times are what they are now.

You can't knowingly sell to criminals, those below the age limits, etc.

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Reactions: RonPT24/7

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
No problemo. You could get it notarized if you wanted to but its not needed. Whenever I've sold a gun privately I've always asked someone there to take an innocuous picture of both me and the buyer to memorialize the sale. That way if anything bad happens in the future and the authorities come a knockin' inquiring about anything you can provide the bill of sale and a picture of who you sold it to. Nothing ever has gone bad for me but I like to cover all bases. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts