Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Taurus 85 with a new style of Taurus grips online earlier. The grips look very nice, but I haven't been able to find anything on them on the Taurus site. The 85 had an ORANGE Taurus box... everything about it looked a bit different, a bit better. When I tried to look up the serial, Taurus' site said not found - but it looks pretty new to me. Oh combined knowledge of the forum - what is the deal with these 85's and these grips? Thanks. 85.jpg 85-2.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the looks of those new grips as well. It'll be interesting to see how many models end up with that style.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Those look really good. As far as the orange box, I think that is what they are using nowadays for their new guns. Man, I need to get me an 85!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Yes, very nice!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like the grips and that flat black (park?) look to boot!

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Has anyone tried calling Taurus to see if those grips are available for retail? I wouldn't mind having a set to fit a Tracker frame.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is that a different finish, or just the picture? I would like a black one to go with my matte stainless, but I didn't like the finish on the ones I've handled in the past.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Is that a different finish, or just the picture? I would like a black one to go with my matte stainless, but I didn't like the finish on the ones I've handled in the past.
Looks like a polymer 85 in the picture???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a new satin-black finish I think. Here are a few others... first a 605, then a new 85. Interesting to see the PH in there too. First time in a long time I've gotten interested in a 605 or 85... Between the packaging, the finish, the grip and the extras, it gives them a look of high quality - to me. 100_1545.jpg 100_1274.JPG

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm liking that finish as well. I haven't seem any of these in person yet. Let us know if this finish is just for the Ultralite or on regular steel frame too. And how durable is this finish. Notice the trigger and hammer are the same finish, not the MIM or case hardened like they use to be.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want these grips. i've yet to see them in any catalog though i've yet to see the 2015 one. hopefully they'll go on sale. they would look great on my old 85.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I just got off the phone with Taurus USA about 30 minutes ago. As of right now those grips are not available for purchase.

·
22,034 Posts
Love those grips! DSC01184.JPG

1 - 20 of 32 Posts