Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what reaction you may have had to the portrayal of the Joker
by Phoenix.

I am mostly asking those who may be like me and remember watching the
portrayals over the years like Romero, Nicholson, and Ledger.

I liked them all and if you are a fan you are probably like me in the thought
that nobody would top Ledger's version.

I still think that but I have to say Phoenix did a dang good job.

·
Super Moderator
13,829 Posts
I enjoyed the first three actors, each of whom memorably portrayed the character in ways unique to themselves and their times. I will not, however, watch this latest version. Reviews from sources I trust, plus reports of people leaving the showings early and their reasons for doing so, tell me all I need to know about it.

As always, the preceding is just my humble opinion. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
No movie for us.
Sick and tired of violence on the screen.
And gratuitous sex and profanity and and and.

·
Registered
18,839 Posts
I guess it's been doin' really well at the box office so I assume it must be good. I can't do the Dark Knight thing, couldn't even get through the first one. I suppose that growin' up with the tv show, I've always seen a good guy image of Batman that the movies seem to pervert. Also, it's nothing without the humor. Batman is fantasy and fantasy just doesn't work when it's taken so seriously.

·
Registered
31,916 Posts
No movie for us.
Sick and tired of violence on the screen.
And gratuitous sex and profanity and and and.
Bedbugs are also known to infest movie theaters, and you sure don't want to take them home with you.

·
Registered
18,839 Posts
Bedbugs are also known to infest movie theaters, and you sure don't want to take them home with you.
:unsure:...I think Rb's wife already told 'im "no more pets".

·
Super Moderator
36,075 Posts
Haven't been to the cinema in well over 15 years and really have no urge to go back.

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
14,817 Posts
I can't sit through a movie in a theater for anything. Mentally I'm thinking about 5-10 other things I need to be doing instead of wasting my time in a theater.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I want to see it but I won't go to the theater, I know of a website I can rip movies from and I don't have to feed the liberal Hollywood machine.

·
Registered
18,839 Posts
Even if I were into the Batman movies, I'd prob'ly be done with 'em by now anyway. Just like Star Wars, Terminator, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter, Star Trek, etc, they've run it into the ground. After awhile, it just gets to bein' the same movie with different names. Some can get away with a sequel, though it's rarely as good as the original but once they get to three...:dunno:...they've pretty much screwed the pooch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts