Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new Springfield XDm 10mm 4.5” barrel. They had a 5.2” barreled version which came with adjustable rear sights but they have a slide cut out in the distal portion of the slide but I didn’t care for it. Has a “Match” barrel (see pix below) and comes with 2X15 round magazines. Bought some 200 gr FMJ PMC rounds for range and medium game and some 180 gr Sig V Crown JHPS.
Paid ~ $535 for it and that beat the lowest priced Glock 20s & 40s, steel framed 1911s and Sig P220 in 10mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,850 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

·
Super Moderator
37,226 Posts
That's a caliber that I've been pondering for some time now. Congratulations on the new pistol!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I thought I was over that itch, then the new version of the Colt Delta Elite dragged me back and then a Remington R1 Hunter. All because I missed my 10mm Witness. I still don't know why I got back into 10mm when I have some nice .357 revolvers. Then again, there is the darn 1911 thing.

The XD should be a good pistol. If you feel the need for another, check out RIA in a 1911. Have fun with it, in my area 10mm ammo is cheaper than .357. Armscor, Sellier & Bellot, and Privi Partizan makes good inexpensive ammo and the brass reloads nice.

Maloy

1025181732.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,226 Posts
Easy Doc...your medical training is showing..."Distal portion"...:D

For grins I sourced a 10mm conversion slide for my EAA Compact Witness. At $438.00 before shipping a RIA in 10mm makes much more sense (unless I happened to find someone who wanted to swap for a 45 ACP slide/barrel)

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
8,897 Posts
Nice pickup, those XD10's are a great platform for 10MM. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
who in sam hell talked you into getting a 10 MM??
next you will be dragging a 38 Super home!!!
GEEEZ!
you been writing your own prescriptions or what???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I have the full frame, slide, magazines, and only need the barrel, barrel bushing, and springs.

I can't make up my mind on the barrel.

Maloy

GEEEZ!

·
Super Moderator
20,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a caliber that I've been pondering for some time now. Congratulations on the new pistol!
Ever since the topic of bears came up I’ve been toying with that caliber. I had been wondering if I needed a new caliber and had been jonesing with possibly a 10 but finally couldn’t shut that itch down!

I thought I was over that itch, then the new version of the Colt Delta Elite dragged me back and then a Remington R1 Hunter. All because I missed my 10mm Witness. I still don't know why I got back into 10mm when I have some nice .357 revolvers. Then again, there is the darn 1911 thing.

The XD should be a good pistol. If you feel the need for another, check out RIA in a 1911. Have fun with it, in my area 10mm ammo is cheaper than .357. Armscor, Sellier & Bellot, and Privi Partizan makes good inexpensive ammo and the brass reloads nice.

Maloy
Boy, did I ever look at 1911 for a 10mm platform. This past weekend I visited a HUGE gun store which had lots of the models I had been looking for. Got to handle a Colt Delta Elite, a Ruger SR1911 in 10mm, a Sig P220 Legion Elite (DA/SA) in 10mm and a Glock 40 (long slide); I had already checked out a Kimber 1911 in 10. Other than the Glock, the rest of the guns I checked out were single stack with, at best, an 8+1 capacity. And, other than the Sig, the rest have thumb safeties which will need to be swiped before firing. In the end the XD offers a quicker (to me) fire and higher capacity.

GEEEZ!
38 Super, hmmmm??

·
Registered
27,633 Posts
Nice gun.

Can I have it?

·
Administrator
18,181 Posts
Very Nice 10mm XD! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
38 Super, hmmmm??
well I don't remember IF you reload or not?
but IF so then that's where the 10 MM and especially the 38 Super really shines.
I tend to use lighter 150-160 grain projectiles in my 10, mostly cause I like things that move near the speed of light, oh and those weights like really, really get ugly looking after expansion.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
well I don't remember IF you reload or not?
but IF so then that's where the 10 MM and especially the 38 Super really shines.
I tend to use lighter 150-160 grain projectiles in my 10, mostly cause I like things that move near the speed of light, oh and those weights like really, really get ugly looking after expansion.

It took a while but I finally made piece with the fact I won't recovery all of my 10mm brass, it fly somewhere into orbit and disappears. I have replaced recoil and mainsprings with heavier, install a square bottom FPS to try slowing the slide down. It has helped some but there is a delicate balance of not throwing the timing off and inducing malfunctions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts