Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hadn't bought a gun in a couple of months and that really chapped me. The best salve to treat this particular itch is buy a gun.

Well, at least it worked with my G29 (10mm), box fed semiauto shotgun, P229 and the Ruger Max 9 this year. So, ran across two G30s (a Gen3 and a Gen4) sitting right next to each other in the display case. Had stopped by to browse and put some 10mm (Liberty Civil Defense, Federal Premium Syntech and Hornady Handgun Hunter), Sig JHP 45ACP, Speer LE 124 gr 9mm+P, out on the counter and browsed the guns.

Well, I wasn't really in the market for another 45 until I remembered that I had a safe full of it and you can never go wrong with adding another gun. This time the gun felt VERY comfortable in grip. Why? Because, unlike the G29 I bought earlier this year, the mags all have extensions on their base plates. With my 29 my little finger has to run under the OEM mag baseplate.
Once I felt my little finger grip onto something and not under something I pulled the trigger on the purchase. Oh, and it fits the same Safariland holster I bought for the 29.

It comes with three 10 round mags with the baseplate extensions

The G29 on top, G30 on the bottom.

So, I now have the G19, G22, G23, G29 and the G30 - all Gen 4s. Not entirely sure of the differences between Gen3 and Gen 4 other than the Gen 4s come with interchangeable backstrap adapters and I use the large size which doesn't wrap up the entire rear of the frame. And I think some changes were made between the 3rd and 4th Gens which negate the backwards compatibility of some of the internals. Hope to get a range report to add to this post.

·
23,214 Posts
Well, hadn't bought a gun in a couple of months and that really chapped me. The best salve to treat this particular itch is buy a gun.
Zees daytonaredeye, hee iz a jaynyoos!

Congrats on the new .45!

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Have you considered taking a course of penicillin for that itch?:p

See why I keep on harping on folks washing their hands after handling Glucks?:whistle:

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol!

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Have you considered taking a course of penicillin for that itch?:p

See why I keep on harping on folks washing their hands after handling Glucks?:whistle:
Plus ==I understand that it does wonders for leg and foot injuries as well, never can be to far ahead of the game!
Outerwear Sleeve T-shirt Font Logo

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Well, Benadryl cream is a lot cheaper way to treat an itch, but, not nearly as fun. :D

Congrats.

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Well, Benadryl cream is a lot cheaper way to treat an itch, but, not nearly as fun. :D

Congrats.
it don't work!
I put a whole tube of it in my coffee and the rash was still there!
Plus Baileys taste a whole lot better!

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Can't beat another Glock in the safe! Yeah, like it or not, they are good guns....at least mine are. Congratulations!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts