Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came home from Walmart with 3 boxes of cci ar tactical 22lr 375 rds per box. Paid more then I would have normally due to I buy the feds 550 for $20 but these day I am willing to pay more just cuz it says AR on The box.
sent using Taptalk Droid

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like I am dreaming...

sent using Taptalk Droid

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice, I have never seen it at my Wal-Mart.

·
Super Moderator
37,249 Posts
Good work!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, I have never seen it at my Wal-Mart.
My Walmart used to always carry it because it is so expensive no one bought it until now.

sent using Taptalk Droid

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
It's always a great day when you're able to score some ammo!

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
YankeeGunner: 1 Ammo supply: zip

Looking like a shutout so far. Keep it going.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I was told by a WM employee to come in around 11pm and check the shelves for .22 ammo since the trailers get unloaded and the stock is sorted and shelved within a 2-3 hour period. Is that how it played out for you or was it that you just lucked into it? I can't bring myself to drag up and go ammo shopping that late at night but if it gets that bad............?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told by a WM employee to come in around 11pm and check the shelves for .22 ammo since the trailers get unloaded and the stock is sorted and shelved within a 2-3 hour period. Is that how it played out for you or was it that you just lucked into it? I can't bring myself to drag up and go ammo shopping that late at night but if it gets that bad............?
I was told they stock the shelf around 6pm just after the truck is unloaded and to expect other people to be in line, this was all true to the Walmart workers words but I was 1st in line. I checked the Walmart app before going to Walmart to make sure it was in stock. I got the Walmart app idea from another member here and it works well. I am not sure of the members name or what thread I read it in but thanks.

sent using Taptalk Droid

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I was told they stock the shelf around 6pm just after the truck is unloaded and to expect other people to be in line, this was all true to the Walmart workers words but I was 1st in line. I checked the Walmart app before going to Walmart to make sure it was in stock. I got the Walmart app idea from another member here and it works well. I am not sure of the members name or what thread I read it in but thanks.

sent using Taptalk Droid
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/86514-tip-help-find-ammo-walmart.html

Was it this thread? if so I am happy it worked for you There were some people who have said it did not and would not work. Randy

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I found some of that once at a WW, I think it was right around $25 for the small box and about $45 for the 1000 round box.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's looking like 22 is starting to become available again a week ago I picked up 2 100 cci mini mags at walmart and just yesterday I picked up a 333 round cci bulk pack a gander Mt and there was a lot more there

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Still looking for 22lr, I did the wally email thing

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I did the WW email thingy for .223, just to see how long it takes.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I did the Wal-Mart notification for .223 and .22lr. No notice yet. I did a second one for the same thing to my work e-mail. So I guess they are just not getting any. :(

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Just came home from Walmart with 3 boxes of cci ar tactical 22lr 375 rds per box. Paid more then I would have normally due to I buy the feds 550 for $20 but these day I am willing to pay more just cuz it says AR on The box.
sent using Taptalk Droid
YG: congrats, but your post really made me almost cry. :( Can you remember when 2 months ago, we just went out and bought ammo? And sometimes by-passed our LGD and went to Academy or WalMart because it was cheaper.

As I said once before in another post, the ammo makers are probably sending flowers and candy to sweet little Sen. Feinstein. She's given them the greatest subsidy they've ever had.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YG: congrats, but your post really made me almost cry. :( Can you remember when 2 months ago, we just went out and bought ammo? And sometimes by-passed our LGD and went to Academy or WalMart because it was cheaper.

As I said once before in another post, the ammo makers are probably sending flowers and candy to sweet little Sen. Feinstein. She's given them the greatest subsidy they've ever had.
I do remember a few months ago and still can not believe what it is today, lucky I did stock up on 223 and 5.56 a little. I am just happy that Walmart and other stores have not raised prices yet. A lot of folks are saying that Walmart has not been getting ammo in because the shelfs are empty, well last night they had a shopping cart full of new stock and I mean full cart, it is all gone now all of it.
Like they say the early bird gets the worm, if you really want and need ammo your going to have to do some homework now a days. Find out when and what time it will come in and go wait for it.... It has come to that for me.... I am willing to do it so I am not left high and dry this season. We all really need to help each other with tips and tricks on getting some ammo. Most of is are in the same boat.

sent using Taptalk Droid

1 - 20 of 24 Posts