Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at wally world on my way home from work this morning. Strolled by the ammo case and it was well stocked, as it has been for a while now. This time they were WELL stocked on the 30 rnd boxes of ZQI 5.56. I bought 10 boxes for my new AR-15. After tax it was $.35/rnd. I thought that was a pretty good deal these days. I hope it shoots as good as their 9mm does.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
You are a lucky guy.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
My local Wally World has been well stocked with both .223 and 5.56 rounds from multiple manufacturers, and they've also had prices that were cut by around $2.00 per 20 round box. I think they had American Eagle (I know.....) for $8.47 a box, but right along the same price point were Perfecta and a couple boxes of Winchester as well. I bought the Perfectas a while back, haven't had a chance to shoot them yet to see how they perform.

Reactions: granthol

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
When commercial .223/5.56 drops below 31 cents/round THEN I may start buying it again.
That is what it costs me to load my own including new brass.
I've seen some for 30 cents/round, but it is non-reloadable steel cased ammo (Think WOLF).

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'm at $ .21 per round with a 55gr Hornady bullet (fmjbt or sp) and counting the used brass as free.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I'm close to that if you subtract the brass cost.
Of course, I have to pay the Bass Pro inflated prices for powder and primers, so.......
23.7 cents/round using X-Treme bullets ($87/1000)

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Good deal indeed. I have been waiting for the bulk prices to come down before I buy any more and I want to see about $0.28 to $0.30 per round. I know, I am dreaming, but I will hold out. I have about 800 rounds on hand and I do not shoot the AR that much.

·
Registered
27,568 Posts
Only round that's in short supply around here is .22 LR. And sometimes .22 Mag. Occasionally .380. Everything else is sitting in piles.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not so much a shortage here. I just don't often see large quantities of the cheap brass ammo. It's usually just 3-4 boxes at a time. Lots of the American made 223/556 for $8-12/box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts