Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pretty much just gave up looking for powder anymore. But, today we went to Costco, and Sportsman's Warehouse is right next door.

Told my wife to wait in the truck with the engine running. I just wanted to run inside to confirm that they didn't have any powder, and run right back out.

They work it like this: Clipboard on the counter that shows the brands of powder they have in stock, with a vertical line indicating each container. As they are purchased, they draw a horizontal line through the vertical one.

So I look, and see about 8 vertical lines left next to the 2400 ;).

Bought two containers at $22.95 each. Probably should have bought five.

Thing is, I'm still having a hard time adapting to this shortage. I'm used to putting in a big order every 2 years or so. 8 lb. containers mostly, maybe some 4 pounders, and pay a one-time haz-mat charge.

I have yet to get it through my head that those days are probably over. You have to buy what you can find, whenever you can find it.

Kicking myself in the ass for not buying more today :(

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Lucky!! I have been able to get pistol most pistol powders. But 2400 is VERY hard to find

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Have a little faith. The pistol powder shortage is slowing starting to recover. It takes a little time for every reloader to fill his shelf with enough powder to feel happy. Only then will the store shelves refill with our favorite powder.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Great price on the 2400. I have 2#'s on my way to local Bass Pro finally. Ordered them nearly 2 months ago. Paid much more for mine. No Hazmat with ship to store.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got a kick-ass buy. Now go make up some fantastic, .357Mag. loads!:thumb:
Actually, my laziness paid off this time. Last week, I set up those new dies for strictly .357. Never got around to setting up the powder measure. I was just about to start using some of my Bullseye (think I even posted something about that), but then my laziness kicked back in.

Nothing beats 2400 for magnum pistol loads :D

Sometimes procrastinating works out for the best.

Still wish I didn't buy more. But I got their phone number, gonna call them every day now.

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YEE-HAW !
Since you guys said it was a good price, and hard to find, I just called them up. YES! They still have some left (limit 2 per customer), but the guy is holding 2 for me until tomorrow
:D

My wife hates this crap. but I told her that I'm dragging her ass there with me to buy another 2. What the hell? Making the trip anyway, right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats on the 2400 score that's a good price as well. It's my favorite powder for cast 357 mag. loads as well as all my cast rifle bullet loads in 7.62 x 39.54r and 300 Sav. I could use it in my 30-30 as well but I got a lb. of H335 and Red Dot I need to burn through in that caliber first.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Have a little faith. The pistol powder shortage is slowing starting to recover. It takes a little time for every reloader to fill his shelf with enough powder to feel happy. Only then will the store shelves refill with our favorite powder.
Kinda like .22 ammo huh?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Of the powder I have none of them compare to 2400. I have w296 and 4227 for magnum pistol but I just can't find pistol load I like with them. 2400 is the best!!

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to pick up my 2 containers this morning. Thought maybe my wife could buy 2 also, but the rest of it was all sold out.

Glad i called, and they held those 2 for me.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,873 Posts
YEE-HAW !
Since you guys said it was a good price, and hard to find, I just called them up. YES! They still have some left (limit 2 per customer), but the guy is holding 2 for me until tomorrow
:D

My wife hates this crap. but I told her that I'm dragging her ass there with me to buy another 2. What the hell? Making the trip anyway, right?
This is the reason I go to Walmart with my wife. She has bought lots of ammo she never fired. :D

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I scored 2 bottles of Trail Boss today at $16.95 ea. I was thinking that this stuff should be recomended for newbies as I don't think it is possible to overcharge anything with this stuff....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ohh man wish I could find some 2400. I am down to my last 1/4 pound and am so afraid to use it. Must save it for an emergency.
I have not loaded any 2400 in over a year.
I MISS IT!!!!!
I tell you if I had seen 10 containers on a shelf. They would have had to tell me no. before I would have left any.
Sorry but I havent seen it in over two years and would feel like I just won the lottery.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wish I could make a score like that. I've been looking for 2400, 231 and Bullseye for over a year and a half with no luck. I just grab a jug of whatever I can find when I find it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Seems like there is plenty of rifle powder around these parts but no pistol powder I found 1 lb of unique a week or so ago and like the man said it was like hitting the lottery. that was my third GS and second town and he had only 1lb

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Seems like there is plenty of rifle powder around these parts but no pistol powder I found 1 lb of unique a week or so ago and like the man said it was like hitting the lottery. that was my third GS and second town and he had only 1lb
Ditto! I'm expecting see more pistol powder coming in very soon around here. Congrats on the 2400, RottieJake!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts