Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On of the guys at the skeet club overheard me asking around about gun safes. Offered me a Stack On Elite for free!! The catch, I had to pay to have it moved. It was in the basement of a house he sold and couldn't take it to his new place. So 2.5 hrs and $270 later. I finally have a safe big enough for everything! Needless to say I'm stoked. I will certainly be buying him a book of skeet tickets and some shells for a little thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, but you could have moved it yourself and saved the $270. I moved my own and put in my house with the aid of my son. It wasn't that hard to do.
That was the catch. The house was sold and under contract. He said it needed to be moved by someone who was licensed and insured. Just in case someone got hurt or damaged something in the house.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Cool. Good for you. Looks nice except I think you put it 1/2" too far to the left. :cool:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Good for you. Looks nice except I think you put it 1/2" too far to the left. :cool:
I think it's good right where it sits. :) Plus, now I have a little room for more. My next two will most likely be, a tactical 12ga of some sort and a some sort of .308.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Congratulations looks like everything fit.

·
Super Moderator
36,010 Posts
Good friend! Congrats on the new safe. I moved my small Liberty myself and ran over my toe on the way down to the walk-out basement, took three weeks for the pain to subside and months for the black nail to grow out.

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good friend! Congrats on the new safe. I moved my small Liberty myself and ran over my toe on the way down to the walk-out basement, took three weeks for the pain to subside and months for the black nail to grow out.
That does not sound fun at all.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,937 Posts
Mine go downstairs, half a flight of stairs then 90 degrees and then the rest of the way down. That 500 - 750 lbs safe would be worth the $270 to me.

The first one went down on a partial sheet of plywood with a rope tied to the ball on a pick-up. Then we closed in the patio, yep $270 is cheap.

snoopypushups.jpg

Forgot, Congrats on the safe!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The movers used a really cool motorized/stair climbing hand truck. It was prety cool. They brought it up stairs out of a basement, the down stairs too the driveway. Then up stairs into my house. I didn't think 270 was that bad. They said it was an $8000 hand truck.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
. images[1].jpg

·
22,290 Posts
DSC01186.JPG

Nice safe!

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Super Moderator