Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in a very small town to do an estamate on a job. It was lunch time and I saw a mom and pop diner/hardware store. I stoped in to grab a bite and sit. As I walked in I saw a ammo case, I wandered on over. To my shock they had a shelf full of 22lr. I asked the gentelman at the counter if I could get in the case, afer some diggin behind the counter he found the key. He opened it up and had 10,000 rounds, with a good layer of dust on them, all with seamed like 1990 pricing. "I can't remember the last time I opened this up" He chuckeled. "How many do you want?" He asked. "All of them please" I responded. He smiled and asked "Your not going to kill ALL the rabbits and squirles are ya? Naw I pay for the ammo and lunch, healthy tip (best ham and cheese EVER) and go on my way. I will be donating 5,000 rounds to the junior pistol league ant the range tommarow. It just goes to show the 22lr is still out there you just have to keep the eyes open.

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Nice find.

·
Banned
17,345 Posts
Sweet!I was at wally world a few weeks ago buying a fridge and just happened to walk over the gun dept. just as the clerk was putting two bricks in the case, guess where they ended up. ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Way cool! Wish you could get some to MissKitty. She has a very itchy trigger finger. That's great that you are sharing with our young people. Seems like the ammo producers could find a way to take care of our youngsters . Hoarders are snatching it all up and sitting on it. I almost feel guilty by having about 5K rounds. Not! I share with all my friends. A little plinking is better than none. Things will get better. Just be patient.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I stopped by Walmart this morning, still hopeful for those illusive .22's in bulk. I think besides .22 birdshot and some 300 Winmags and a few boxes of various defensive rounds, the barest I have seen that Walmart.

Couple of farm dressed folks were having a conversation about one of em's daughters shooting target competition in 4-H and was down to shooting 10 rounds per practice session..

I was a County Agent's son and had shot competition .22 as a kid also, and 4-H kids have always held a special place in my heart as they did with my dad.

I had an appointment I had to get to or I would have invited him to follow me to the house and sold him two bulk 550 counts of Remington Golden Bullets for $16 each or 500 rounds of CCI Mini mags for the $7.60 per box I have into them with sales tax.

He was from Crosbyton about 45 miles from Lubbock. I gave him a business card and told him next time he was coming to Lubbock to give me a heads up and I would meet him with the .22's. I'll always spare a few rounds for kids.

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
I will be donating 5,000 rounds to the junior pistol league at the range tommarow.
THAT is one of the most civil honorable actions in recent times. Our founding fathers will be smiling over you for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.