Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been really slim picking here and this afternoon I scored two boxes of 9mm at _________________________

I'm sorry but may be going back tomorrow so keeping it to myself. I'm a baddd boy.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I don't shoot 9mm so you can tell me. Haha it'll be our secret

I just bought .40 s&w ammo and I an pleased with my "stock pile" that I am building. According to some on here I am still woefully under stocked. I have yet to crack the 1000 round mark lol

CF

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
It's really weird...thius little shop in town always has ammo in...even 9mm. But the 9mm is glow ammo (tracer, I presume.)

But he has .40 S&W and .45acp and .38 Special and .357 Sig all the time, and not at horrible prices, either. In fact, his .40 ammo was something like 21 or 22 bucks for a box of 50, and I thought, "Naw, I'll wait till the price comes down." Same with .45, which is I thnk $22 a box.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Rossi - what are you? Nuts?!?!? Unless you have 10k per caliber, buy some ammo!!! :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
22lr is tuff to find. .223 and 5.56 are easeyer to find than thay where a couple months ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I scored 5 boxes of Blaser Brass 9mm at a local gun store in the town where I work. They got 20 cases in and it took them 2 1/2 days to sell it. I was pretty excited cuz I just walked in looking for other stuff. I hope it gets better though.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Scored 450 rds at Wal Mart in past week. 1175rds of 22LR. I'm happy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I scored 3 boxes of PPU 115 grain at Walmart last week, $14.65 a box. It was just enough to replace what I shot last Sunday. I still pick up a couple of boxes every time I see it, unless what I see is priced at 4 times it original price by some Jackwagon taking advantage of the current market. Whew, Ok I feel better now. Had to get that out.:D

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Yeah, get it all out. I don't buy from those jackwagons either.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Months back, I joked that I was investing in previous metals, mainly brass, copper, and lead. I only wish now that I had really done that on a bigger scale. Maybe the stampede to outlaw guns in the blue states will leave more ammo for the rest of us. Hopefully, "normal" will return soon, but hope is not a method. On a constructive note, please write/call/email your Senators (especially Democrats) and respectfully ask them not to do anything stupid or unconstitutional.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Where, where is the WM with the 9? Tell me!!!! Ahem, please.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Good score!!! I'm heading to the range tomorrow with my brother and my 809...first, gonna hit WM and Academy to try to pick up at least part of what I'll shoot.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My "source" has come though again with 9mm (insert evil laugh here). Still only $12.99 p/box of 50.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I haven't scored any 9mm recently and that's one caliber I'm on the lookout for. .38 Special, .40 S&W and some others I can get without too much of a problem and without too high of a mark-up but 9mm locally is a bit elusive.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my momma brought me up to be a good boy...my source is Academy Sports. Figured some of you would have thunk that as it is monarch and the price I listed.
they are only giving away one box per person so my wife and I went. I've scaled back my times at the range so this will last me. I am not hording so I will let other have at it. They were out of 38 and 380. did have some .40.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts