1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I heard that on our local news, dang the luck, make sure Bambi is dead.

·
Super Moderator
13,828 Posts
I have hunted some and I always thought it wise to stand back at a prudent distance and make sure the animal is, indeed, expired before getting too close. Like the original MacGyver used to say, "You never know."

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
You go deer.......................

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figure if ya gonna go out tryin to kill stuff, it might try to kill ya back.

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
Animals can be such animals...:unsure:...prob'ly not just a coincidence they're called that.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Maybe carry a pistol....................

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
My concern was never getting too close, it was always not being able to see it if it did manage to get up and take off. Around here, the woods are mostly pretty thick and you can't see far from the ground. Most all of the long shots I've made were from tree stands or hilltops/sides so once you start walking toward that deer, you have almost no chance of seeing it again until you're right on top of it. Deer, whitetails at least, don't tend to play 'possum. If they can still move at all, they will struggle to get up immediately or with very little delay. Still, after dropping one, I always kept the safety off and my sights on it for a good 10 minutes or so before even thinking of headin' that way.

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Sometimes You eat the Bear and sometimes..the Bear...well He eats You.

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Ya figger the deer wants the man’s head on his wall?

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I always approach a SHOT DEER with the assumption that it can and will spring up. The rifle is loaded and appropriate options are ready.

So far so good.

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
Ya figger the deer wants the man’s head on his wall?
The deer mighta' been a bounty hunter like that guy in Star Wars...unsure:...I think his name was Bucka Foot or somethin' like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts