Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the right place or not but here goes,

anyone know anything about NCSTAR scopes? I'm looking at a 6-24x50 with a rangefinder

any input would be helpful

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've only used NCStar scopes on rimfires.
I've never trusted them for use on anything that has significant recoil.
That being said, the ones I've used never gave me any troubles.
NCStar has gone up somewhat in price and is near
the cost of Bushnell's Elite line.
If price is important, Natchezss dot com has some good deals
on Simmons varmint scopes. (Prairie Master)
You can range-find with a Mil-dot reticle.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=SN800965&src=tpCtg

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
from what I heard and its all a cross the board. on low recoil guns like .223 it seems to do fine at .308 it falls apart. Is what I'm hearing I ordered a catelog and got it in a week they have some nice looking scopes but not sure on the track record. I talked to there cutomer service and they say they are tested for vibration and shock and kriptonite LOL I was getting the impression he was describing an ACOG. :)

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info the scope was $99.95 and $9.95 shipping was thinking of putting it on my 270 but i don't know yet by the way it was on ebay

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
275 Posts
That price is a little more than half the Bushnell 3200 Elite ebay price.
Might be worth saving a little longer for a scope that is known
for reliability on the bigger rifles. (my 2 cents)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Leupold guy. I believe in spending money on qualilty products, especially when it comes to my guns. If you want a quality scope with a lifetime warranty (the scope's lifetime, not yours) you can't go wrong with Leupold. Sure, there are other quality scopes on the market in various price ranges, and if that floats your boat, go for it, but remember, "you get what you pay for." When you spend hundreds of dollars on a rifle and strive to wring out as much accuracy as is possible, why go cheap on a scope?

Full disclosure. I also receive a monthly retirement check from Leupold. (It's Lew-pold, not Lee-a-pold.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts