Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I like Weavers quad lock rings in medium or high depending on the scope. The scope can be set back from the barrel ports with plenty of thumb clearance to shoot single action. The quad rings have never let a scope slip even on my 454 with heavy loads. Scopes differ in shape and length even though they may have the same size objective lenses. That changes how they will set on a mount. With scopes on several different handguns you can lay them out together and get a better understanding of what I'm saying. I use Burris, Leupold, Weaver, Nikon, Bushnell, TC, and some other handgun scopes in 1" and 30mm. The scope being a little high and away from the barrel ports is not bad. I have watched scopes mounted over the ports damaged over time from magnum blast. Check the mount and scope ring screws after shooting a box or two of ammo. Have fun, scopes greatly improve the ability to hit what you are shooting at.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am mounting the same type of scope on my Raging Bull 8 3/8th " I am going to use the weaver Quadlock Medium Height on mine The Simmons 2x6x32mm Prohunter picked it up for $ 111.00 + Va Sales Tax NIB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts