Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these scope bases intended to be a permanent addition, or are they more or less like removable scope rings on my rifle?

Also, do you need to take the scope and rings off before removing the scope base from revovler or can you remove as an entire unit without screwing up the sight in?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well i think it depends.

i did see a ranging bull with a taurus factory made scope mount.

it mounted using the rib on top of the barrel.

it was quite attractive, i my self wondered if it would fit a regular tracker.. i believe it would. not sure how much they cost or if you can order them from taurus or not.

it had straps to fit in the ribs so ya you could take it on and off without unmounting the scope on the other hand it might need some slight adjustments when putting it back on.

i've also seen people tap'em if they have enough meat and install scope bases that way.. i think the rib mount scope base is a better idea maybe not as stable but definitely not permanent.

·
Super Moderator
36,111 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im kinding thinking the regular taurus scope bases here. THe instalation photos i saw a few years back were simply, slide base through the slots on barrel and tighten in with machine screws.

What im wondering on if i go that route, will i be able to remove the scope and scope base as an entire unit whenever i want to and not loose the zero on said scope and base assembly? I was thinking i got really good and successful at worky pooh, id have a couple of scopes and bases rigged up for individual loads.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i believe that base is a weaver type mount,which means with wever rings you can remove ths ecope and rings as one unit and when you re install you should be close to zero. brownells carry the mount and you can order it directly from taurus. i believe they are in the neighborhood of 45.00. my friend has one on a taurus bull 454 and it holds just fine.
dan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.