Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn’t see this under discussion so here it is. A shooter shot classmates on his birthday and killed two and he, himself died today. Good riddance but I really would like to hear or understand his thinking and wonder how much is related to California itself.

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
All I've heard so far is that he was a loner.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
So, he got the gun from home? Well, here come the next round of "common sense" gun control laws there. If those fools running that state thought any slower, they'd go backwards in time.

·
Premium Member
11,076 Posts
New laws? What he did was already against the law, how'd that work out. The problem isn't the law or the gun, the problem is the kids. Government can't affect or change the problem, only adult supervision can, and there is none in the lives of these school shooters. So there will be more gun laws and more school shootings and more hand wringing and more coulda woulda shoulda, and NOTHING will change.

·
Administrator
39,735 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
About that gun...

"Federal and state investigators are also trying to determine whether the handgun used by the suspect was made from parts purchased separately and then assembled, law enforcement sources told The Times.

These so-called ghost guns are unserialized weapons manufactured from parts that can be ordered through the mail or machined parts acquired from underground makers."

"The sources said the gun design appears to be unusual but emphasized that officials don’t know its origins at this time."

"Investigators found several firearms during a search of the teen’s home, and some were not registered. Villanueva did not specify what types of guns were recovered. The L.A. County Sheriff’s Department is working with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to trace the origins of the .45-caliber handgun used in the shooting."

https://www.latimes.com/california/...hool-recovering-suspect-in-critical-condition

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
To my way of thinking the responsibility for the catastrophe lies entirely with the school administration -- all the way to the top. They apparently have no problem allowing people to enter campuses armed and the perpetrators are always fueled by bloodlust. Not just in CA -- everywhere in this country.

When are schools going to start protecting - in addition to "educating" - the nations children? When are common sense security measures going to be enforced?

Side note: about 75 firearms were intercepted by TSA at Orlando International Airport this year.

·
Premium Member
11,076 Posts
I'm sorry but "common sense" security measures leads to common sense gun laws and common sense restrictions on speech, religion, and association, and common sense government mandated curriculum in schools, and so on and so forth. When Ben Franklin was asked what form of government was being established his reply was; a Republic, as long as we can keep it. How much longer do you think we can keep it with a society of victims, whose only way to deal with adversity (high school angst) is to pull a gun.

·
Registered
14,817 Posts
Everything i've heard about this is conflicting info
I've heard he was a loner, but was very active on the track team and had a girlfriend
I've heard he was influenced by his father, but his father died 2 years ago
I've heard this was a one off but we've had 44 of them this year alone
I've heard 6 injured 2 dead and the shooter was one of the two, then I hear the shooter is in grave condition
I think we need to sit back and wait for the dust to settle on this one before we try any type of armchair forensics and psyche profiling.

Reactions: Desperado

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
CA is a Bolshevik state so yeah...:dunno:...they're gonna' act like Bolsheviks.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
New laws? What he did was already against the law, how'd that work out. The problem isn't the law or the gun, the problem is the kids. Government can't affect or change the problem, only adult supervision can, and there is none in the lives of these school shooters. So there will be more gun laws and more school shootings and more hand wringing and more coulda woulda shoulda, and NOTHING will change.
Well, I still believe that it is by design, at least as far as some in state or federal government are concerned.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
About that gun...

"Federal and state investigators are also trying to determine whether the handgun used by the suspect was made from parts purchased separately and then assembled, law enforcement sources told The Times.

These so-called ghost guns are unserialized weapons manufactured from parts that can be ordered through the mail or machined parts acquired from underground makers."

"The sources said the gun design appears to be unusual but emphasized that officials don’t know its origins at this time."

"Investigators found several firearms during a search of the teen’s home, and some were not registered. Villanueva did not specify what types of guns were recovered. The L.A. County Sheriff’s Department is working with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to trace the origins of the .45-caliber handgun used in the shooting."

https://www.latimes.com/california/...hool-recovering-suspect-in-critical-condition

Imagine that. Even if government was able to totally ban firearms, people would still be able to make a firearm. These anti-gun types must not even be aware that Prohibition only lasted about 14 years...for a reason.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I'm sorry but "common sense" security measures leads to common sense gun laws and common sense restrictions on speech, religion, and association, and common sense government mandated curriculum in schools, and so on and so forth. When Ben Franklin was asked what form of government was being established his reply was; a Republic, as long as we can keep it. How much longer do you think we can keep it with a society of victims, whose only way to deal with adversity (high school angst) is to pull a gun.
They do it because it's easy, and "safe" for them. Trading paychecks for punches can cause physical pain, and that is something soft-skinned/thin-skinned little babies don't want to do. JMHO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
School shootings definitely are a bad thing, but CNN certainly likes to stack things. Reading through all those incidents in the article, I found a few I don’t consider actual school shootings. I bet everyone else can too.
Does the victim have to be your own kid before you're motivated to do something?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Imagine that. Even if government was able to totally ban firearms, people would still be able to make a firearm. These anti-gun types must not even be aware that Prohibition only lasted about 14 years...for a reason.

While people can technically, and even legally, build a firearm, it's not easy to make a good one. What has made it easy is the "80% complete" ones where people just finish the last 20%. The 80% loophole needs to be closed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts