Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe the guy didn't swerve to knock you off the road, maybe he just dropped his beer and his crotch was getting wet.
I hate when that happens.

·
Registered
36,040 Posts
Reactions: ? Marquis

·
Registered
151 Posts
yea especially if its just as you drive into the Church parking lot Sunday Morning!!---Buuuuurp.
It's all good. It was only a 12 pack of Lite, Father.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have learned that everybody does something careless or stupid every now and then (including me). To the people that have braked hard, swerved, or otherwise pulled my ass out of the fire I owe them and need to pull somebody else's ass out of the fire to pay my debt. Maybe the guy didn't swerve to knock you off the road, maybe he just dropped his beer and his crotch was getting wet.
Yea I remember a truck driver that swerved his 18 tires in front of me to pass another truck and stayed there on the interstate. I was badmouthing both of them until we passed a hidden cop about a mile later. The trucker did me a favor and I was too ignorant to appreciate it until later.
Sort of like the crabby registrar for selective service that everyone hated but made a typo and kept me from Vietnam. SS thought I was in high school when I was in college. I could of kissed the old hag when I finally noticed and got called just before Nixon stopped the draft in 72. Funny how people who challenge us could stop something worse from happening.

A carry license only keeps us out of trouble for having the firearm available. It gives no protection in how we use the firearm. Even if you do use it in a self defense fight, another-more expensive-fight follows. Tread softly my friends. The best fight to win is the one we don't have.

·
Registered
18,509 Posts
No need to assign blame. I think most everybody has been in a similar situation, whether it was when they were older or younger, the best we can hope for is to learn from it and do better next time.
One has to wonder, how many lives did Tex potentially save that day? You can bet this wasn't pickup guy's first rodeo, it's likely been a lifetime habit perpetuated by luck of getting away with it. Tex's non-passive response might just have cured him or at least, put him into a state of remission for awhile. For all we know, he might've saved some little lady with a car full of kids from a traumatic experience or physical harm at the hands of that lunatic in the future. Pickup guy was out lookin' for trouble and found it, plain and simple. Fortunately, the trouble he found was a lot more than he was lookin' for. He prob'ly won't be pullin' anything like that again for awhile, if ever.

I don't know that there's a right or wrong response in a situation like this. There are times in life, where the responsibility of policing our own ranks just gets dumped on us. As many suggest, you can be passive with the "I don't wanna' get involved/let the other guy worry about it" response or you can take steps to identify and correct the deficiency of the subject. It's not like appointing yourself a cop, just what I call social coaching. Whether you view Tex's actions to be right or wrong, what he did sure came out right, as far as I'm concerned. The guy needed an education, Tex took 'im to school and I think he learned a great deal from it.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts