Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed a guy on a rural highway last Sunday and mid pass he swerves in my lane, trying to push me off the road (I guess). I floor it and the flip him off (my first mistake).

I floor it, get away and make a few turns and wind up at an intersection onto another rural highway. While at the light, the person I flipped off pulls up in the left turn lane partially blocking me in my lane.

He rolls down his window and starts screaming at me, I roll down my window and start telling him where to go (my second mistake).

He jumps out of his truck, telling me he’s going to “mess me up” or something very similar.

By the time he was able to run around his truck bed, I was able to produce my Walther 45, point it in his general direction, and scream out of my partially open window “stop stop stop stop stop stop”.

He turned and ran the other direction post haste.

I then left the intersection and started driving to the police station, he went the other direction.

All of this happened very quickly and the possibilities of what could have happened didn’t hit me until the next day.

Stay safe everyone and I know I owe a member here a shirt that I have been extremely negligent in shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,529 Posts
Road rage doesn't occur in my vocabulary these days. I mostly smile and wave.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'm the same way, the wife lets me know it too when i get pissed at other drivers. will have to start carrying more often then i do. .

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I dont usually do anything. My wife said to stop the day I bought a brand new 1999 F250 and one of those noisy crappy little Japanese cars that sound like an extended fart cut me off and almost caused me to bend my new (then) truck.
I never got out of the truck, but I pounded on the trunk and roof and left some pretty good sized fist prints on the car.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
21,935 Posts
Just say nothing. There's nothing to be gained. Don't engage. I'm not perfect, but that's the standard we should all hold ourselves to.

Going straight to the police station was smart.

·
8,326 Posts
Too close for comfort Austin. Hows the blood pressure doing? Glad you are ok, and didn't have to spend time in jail while the local LEO's sorted it all out. Take care.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Austin, don't sweat it. we all get annoyed on the road from time to time. you made mistakes, the other driver did but nobody was shot, just embarrassed with a bruised ego. Let it serve as a reminder to you and keep fighting the good fight.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Super Moderator
19,632 Posts
Road rage doesn't occur in my vocabulary these days. I mostly smile and wave.
You and me both. Not uncommon for me to turn in front of someone who isn't expecting it - while that guy is overheating and flinging fingers and naughty signs I'm pulling my ear to ear grin waving to the "feller who wants for a brief time a road war. If I find any road situation in my favor if I can duck around another vehicle - well I'm in. Lots of honks, double barreled middle fingers road mouth on the road around me but I always just smile, grin and wave a "thank you" and they usually drop the hostilities.

·
Supporting Moderator
14,824 Posts
I run video all the time. It keeps me from doing something stupid and I have footage to prove my point.

·
Premium Member
12,512 Posts
In my youth there was little doubt that I would have allowed anger to overrule common sense, but the years force a certain amount of wisdom on you whether you like it or not. I'm much more likely to ignore the insult, especially since I'm armed.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I merged once too close to a guy once, he then pulled into a left lane that was a left turn only and proceeded to follow me most of the way to work. I decided I didn't want him knowing where i worked so i somehow did a 180 using a side street and at that time he decided he wanted to go back crom where he came from.

Maybe he came to his senses, 'the guy I'm harassing may be armed'. Yea, I made a driving error, it wasn't intentional, sorry. Too many self important people...especially when we are young.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Nobody is crazier than Me.
Not even RB.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
266 Posts
I passed a guy on a rural highway last Sunday and mid pass he swerves in my lane, trying to push me off the road (I guess). I floor it and the flip him off (my first mistake).

I floor it, get away and make a few turns and wind up at an intersection onto another rural highway. While at the light, the person I flipped off pulls up in the left turn lane partially blocking me in my lane.

He rolls down his window and starts screaming at me, I roll down my window and start telling him where to go (my second mistake).

He jumps out of his truck, telling me he’s going to “mess me up” or something very similar.

By the time he was able to run around his truck bed, I was able to produce my Walther 45, point it in his general direction, and scream out of my partially open window “stop stop stop stop stop stop”.

He turned and ran the other direction post haste.

I then left the intersection and started driving to the police station, he went the other direction.

All of this happened very quickly and the possibilities of what could have happened didn’t hit me until the next day.

Stay safe everyone and I know I owe a member here a shirt that I have been extremely negligent in shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Texas you could have been arrested for Aggravated Assault (DW), a second degree felony (2 - 20 years).

Further and just some simple advice based upon experience. This is not something of which one should discuss on an open forum. It's a long chance, but your comment could be used against you.

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Actually, in Texas, the guy that blocked him in and got out of his vehicle committed assault.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Super Moderator
34,947 Posts
Sorta broke all the rules of dispute resolution. I'm a might hot headed, myself, so I won't get all preachy. I couldn't live in the city, though. I have to keep my cool in these little towns around here sometimes as it is. BUT, I've survived 67 years so far.

Just keep off the accelerator and ready to brake. It ain't Daytona.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts