Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
The name is Matt, but everybody has called me Gunner since the 6th grade. I just started shooting pistols which is something I have seen the different competitions on tv and have always wanted to do, but have recently just was able to fit it into my budget. My first handgun was a used Ruger P95DC 9mm that I bought almost 3 months ago now. I love shooting it, but don't like the bulkiness of carrying the gun so I decided to buy, well at least put on layaway, my first brand new pistol today. I was looking for a pistol that was slim-lined and felt great in my hand like my P95 without the bulkiness of it. I put a brand new Taurus P 24/7 PRO chambered in 9 mm on layaway today. Its a great fit in my hand and the beauty of it is that I can use my holster and mag pouches for my Ruger for the Taurus as well so that is a great plus. I hope to pay it off here really soon when I get my tax return in the beginning of May. I love to shoot and have just joined USPSA and shot my first USPSA match this past Sunday at a ranger about 28 miles from my house. When I made the decision about the Taurus I was comparing it to a used Smith & Wesson model 3913 9mm for $365 with 2 8-rnd mags or I could get the brand new Taurus with the Stainless steel finish with 2 17-rnd mags and case for $24 dollars more than the 3913. I'm pretty confident I made the right decision.
Gunner

·
Administrator
40,671 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Good choice. Hope you enjoy it. :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
cool congrats on the new pistol, and a big WV welcome

·
32,788 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

As a Taurus and Ruger owner it can be said that you made the right decision.

That said the rest of what you listed are good picks as well.
www.jgsales.com has a whole page in Shotgun News alone on used guns that are trade ins of one kind or another. The guns you listed are among the more frequent entries on their pages as of recent.

Give us a range report please when it's possible.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Congrats also...sounds like you new what you wanted..
Welcome From Arizona.....Matt :wave: Glad that you are here..look around and have fun...We will be looking for a range report ;) :)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Taurus_Newbie, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

Good choice on the 24/7. :thumb: I have one in 45 acp.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
22,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

Also a member of USPSA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey all,
Gunner here just wanted to let you know that I got my tax stimulus rebate last night so I went and picked up my Taurus 24/7 Pro today and put 50 rounds through it. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY RUGER P95 EVER WAS!!!! I am so happy right now I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to put more rounds through it. I am very impressed with it so far. I will have pictures of the targets and the gun in time I haven't been able to take any pictures yet but I promise that in time it will happen.
Gunner

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello from northern West Virginia. This is a good forum with good folks. Ask questions and learn just as I have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are some pics that I owe you all
Gunner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts