Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Dang. I thought my little .380 was small.Thats tiny! How many shots?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: funflyer

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Congrats on your new mini wheel gun. I have a friend that carries one of those for a PDW every day.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Take a little persuasion.....lol.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Heck, Native Texan used to hunt Cape Buffalo and Polar bears with one of those. He's not as sneaky as he used to be. He used to be able to sneak up on his prey and stick his revolver in their ears and squeeze the trigger! :cool:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to have the one pictured below.
I was cleaning it one day, hiccuped and accidentally inhaled it, never to be seen again..........:p

1858 Remington, nice. A pound of black powder and one shot shell's worth of .05 load should last a lifetime.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Had a guy try to sell me one of those things years ago.

I don't trust a rimfire (ANY rimfire, don't matter if it's .22 or .56-56 Spencer) with my life and they are 'bout useless for anything other than a 'Get Up Off Of Me- NOW' gun.

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
I have been tempted by those and haven't succumbed yet. Congrats on your new...err...handgun. :D

·
21,944 Posts
Is it a handgun? Maybe a thumbgun, as in "you could hide it under your thumb?"

Those little NAAs are cool though. I carry a .22LR around the house at times, as a scare-the-coyote away tool. It's dispatched a glue trapped mouse or two. The .22 Short would be even better for that; less noise in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Five shot, same as my 500 Mag.
its a shame that you couldn't get them in matching caliber so you would only need to stock one ammo!

Attachments

Reactions: lonestarbandit

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Sweet little revolver.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I really like the North American Arms Mini Revolvers and was even considering getting a Sidewinder in .22WMR for a time, but the price was too high at the time ($500+) and modern .380 Pocket Pistols are cheaper, safer, more reliable, more powerful, and yet still plenty small/light enough for deep concealment.

I ultimately ended up getting a Ruger LCP which I practically take everywhere with me because it's so small, so lightweight, and so convenient to carry that it honestly requires more effort to leave it behind. When it's not tucked in my pocket, then it sits somewhere nearby me where I can easily grab it at a moment's notice.

It's honestly so light that at times I forgot that it was even on me. Recently I accidentally took it into the shower with me while it was still tucked inside the pocket of my swimming trunks. There was also a time when I briefly lost it inbetween the cushions of my recliner, so I have no need for a smaller, lighter firearm.

Even when I'm out and about carrying a more powerful firearm on my belt such as my SW40VE, the LCP still rides along as a BUG.

Still, I like the NAA Mini Revolvers, and if you for some reason see yourself needing the absolute smallest, lightest, ultimate deep concealment firearm which is capable of firing more than two shots before being reloaded, then the NAA Mini Revolvers, (especially the Sidewinder or Ranger models with swing-out cylinders or top-break actions) are the obvious go-to guns for the job.

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 20 of 33 Posts