Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I went to the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg, PA yesterday and went directly to the Taurus USA Booth to say Hello to Robert Crescenzi, Maria Espinosa, and Felix! They welcomed us with hugs and open arms and it was great to be able to talk with Felix, the head engineer guy down there (he has 24 folks working under him repairing our firearms!) as he was the one that personally fixed my Taurus 990 Tracker, (more about that on a different thread (http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-revolvers/130873-my-m990-back-rehab-yippee.html)

We met Robert C last year at the Rapid City, SD meet and Maria is so sweet, she helped me adopt a beautiful Engraved Heritage 45colt revolver last year, so it was great to meet finally meet her. She remembered me right away and we had a nice chat!

It was great to meet and talk with Felix about the line and I asked him about several pieces that are on my Acquire List!

Here are some photos I took with my new phone - wish I had taken more but I'm still in the "bonding" phase!

Robert and Maria from Taurus

Robert and Maria from Taurus.jpg

Tauurs Booth

Taurus Booth.jpg

the NEW M85 Twist

The Twist m85.jpg

A Girl And a Gun Target I saw at some booth at the show - just thought it was cool and wanted to share it with you!

AGAG target.jpg

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice! Sounds like you had a great time.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
24,808 Posts
Would have loved to be there with you and John.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, i would love to go to that show one year. Any word on a release date for the Curve?

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ack - another goof on my part! I didn't ask!! Sorry - all of you guys would have loved it there! This year's show seemed a bit smaller with regard to number of booths and number of people attending. I still don't know how even the large companies can do this as there are no firearms that are sold there - it's for the consumers to see and touch product and ask questions!

·
Registered
17,184 Posts
I bet that was fun. Sounds like you had a great time.
Why doesn't anyone ever greet me with hugs and open arms when we meet?:(

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
What's the M85 twist picture about?

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I bet that was fun. Sounds like you had a great time.
Why doesn't anyone ever greet me with hugs and open arms when we meet?:(
UH........"gasbag" .......afraid to squeeze you I guess?:D:D:D

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the M85 twist picture about?
I kinda' thought is was cool and wanted to see the hammer come off and go back on for myself - it came off easily and went back on very easily! Hope they're going to be able to have "extras" 'cause I could see myself losing the darn thing, it's kinda' small....

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Yeah, there's good ol' Robert, looking cheerful as ever. :) Robert was great - he let me shoot that fantastic PT 809 in Rapid City, and gave me valuable pointers on shooting a View. Thanks for posting the pics, Sekol.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Thanks for the great report with pictures...Great Job Emily..

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Sounds like you had fun. Who wouldn't at a place full of guns and guns stuff.

At least the Girl's Target didn't have a bonus point bullseye near the bottom. :D

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sounds like you had fun. Who wouldn't at a place full of guns and guns stuff.

At least the Girl's Target didn't have a bonus point bullseye near the bottom. :D
Hee-hee! You don't know how seriously interesting that is! I'm all of about 5' tall (I'm also about that wide, too, but let's not digress ...) I'ts a joke when we go to the range that I have to put all my pasters along the lower edge of the targets so that I'm not constantly shooting "uphill". In the real world, I guess it means that my shots wouldn't really be center of mass, but more down towards the bottom of the torso where you hinted at! A shot like that might not be lethal in a defensive situation, but I am confident that it would drop someone coming at me!

and HD-Mike - Maria is definitely an asset to the company! She is so very professional, but friendly and honestly considerate of all her customers! And Felix the lead engineer is also very conscientious and willing to go the extra mile to do a job well done for the customers! I am sooo glad that they are both still there!

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Hee-hee! You don't know how seriously interesting that is! I'm all of about 5' tall (I'm also about that wide, too, but let's not digress ...) I'ts a joke when we go to the range that I have to put all my pasters along the lower edge of the targets so that I'm not constantly shooting "uphill". In the real world, I guess it means that my shots wouldn't really be center of mass, but more down towards the bottom of the torso where you hinted at! A shot like that might not be lethal in a defensive situation, but I am confident that it would drop someone coming at me!

and HD-Mike - Maria is definitely an asset to the company! She is so very professional, but friendly and honestly considerate of all her customers! And Felix the lead engineer is also very conscientious and willing to go the extra mile to do a job well done for the customers! I am sooo glad that they are both still there!
If I remember correctly Felix walked me through assembling a TCP when I went and met Mr. Kresser at the Taurus factory. He was very informative. I met so many great people that day it is hard to remember them all.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Thanks for the report. I am glad you had a good time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts