Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rimfire rifle is one interesting piece. Not much on the innerwebs about it and I haven't a clue to its age. The folks that designed it must've had cross discipline training in steam locomotives, artillery and sewing machines.
Brown Wood Rectangle Floor Flooring

Brown Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood

Here's a decent orientation video of a newer 887:

Only one simple(un-abused) takedown screw. The stock fit is perfect. The finish seems to be finished.
Tableware Kona coffee Drinkware Dishware Table

Looky at all the unburnt powder.
Wood Wood stain Gas Tints and shades Bumper

Wow, what the heck is all of this? For all of the oil and burnt powder, it oughta be well honed.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
From the outside it looks like a Marlin model 60 but not from the inside. That is the fanciest stock I have seen on a rimfire. Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Another “click-clack” gun! Here is mine.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This rifle is a European import. Very filthy inside, lots of handling marks, but not terribly abused. I removed the trigger group and dunked it into the small parts jacuzzi. I didn't feel like messing with the cartridge loader spring thingy. I dunked it in mineral spirits overnight and brushed it clean, then cleaned up the bore.
Wood Bicycle part Bicycle frame Wind instrument Air gun

Seems like the Europeans don't care for beaded front iron sights. There's no evidence of a scope ever being mounted to the receiver. So why the folding u-shaped for rear iron instead of a ladder regulated buckhorn.
Wood Musical instrument Shotgun Rim Bumper

There's supposed to a ramped base front beaded sight. Instead they knocked the ramp off, and stuffed a short post sight in its place. The barrel and action cleaned up nicely I'll give it a couple touch up spots with bluing and it should be good to go. The stock charging handle is made of plastic. Hopefully a metal replacement will show up in the mail next Thursday.
Wood Office supplies Writing implement Office equipment Pen

$30 worth of new products to try out.
Liquid Bottle Product Fluid Cosmetics

After a good scrubbing in the sink and drying time, the stock was hard carded with 0000, tacked and three coats of Tru-Oil were applied.
Wood Shotgun String instrument Chair Air gun

FedEx dropped off some shiny new Bushnell glass yesterday.
Vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive tire Audio equipment

·
Super Moderator
14,669 Posts
Nicely done, sir. I am really enjoying these posts. Now, having said that.....

(sarcasm on) Okay, Lomax, knock it off. I now have a strong desire to shop the gun stores and pawn shops for old, neglected rifles, so that I might restore them to some semblance of their former glory. You're getting expensive! 😁 (sarcasm off)

Disclaimer: I have already restored a couple of old, neglected rifles, and I enjoyed it, a lot. You're just adding fuel to the fire. 👨‍🚒

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This is a nice valued scope (discontinued) for $60.
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Bushnell Rimfire Riflescope is designed to deliver peak performance for rimfire rifles. Designed for 40-grain 22LR bullets with an illuminated BDC reticle with hold positions out to 125 yards.
Audio equipment Font Display device Computer Space

Capped turrets to protect your settings in the field. Made from a 1-piece Aircraft Grade Aluminum Body to withstand the elements and years of abuse along with enhanced optical glass design to boost contrast and resolution.

Loose fitting and cheap looking, a last minute decision was made to rid this gun of its plastic charging handle. Looks better to me anyway.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Automotive exterior Gun accessory

Ready for a new owner.
Wood Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gun barrel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts