Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this as a budget rifle. It was a sub moa rifle out of the box. I haven't been back to the range since i added weight to the stock and a muzzle brake. Maybe this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Very nice. I hope the muzzle brake doesn't change the accuracy.

·
Registered
18,485 Posts
Mmmmmm....:smile:....Saaaaavaaaage!

Reactions: PT99AF

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice!! Looks like a Witt muzzle brake! :)

BW

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
I have an old Savage .06 that was made in 1958 and it still will make clover leafs at 100yds after shooting hundreds possibly thousands of rounds. Savage makes good rifles....

Savage 30-06.jpg

Savage .06.jpg

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Very very Nice Savage Rifle! :cool: Congratulations! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
How is the trigger on it?

My buddy's rifle seems a bit heavy, but it does not affect the accuracy!

Thanks,

Hoover
My old 110 came with a very heavy trigger. SO, I adjusted it down to a crisp 3 lbs. Now, it's budda. :D

Mine's a 7mm Remington Magnum. And, yeah, it shoots MOA with bullets it likes. :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The trigger was real heavy. over 8#'s. I replaced the spring with one from an ink pen and got the pulled down to 4#'s

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
The trigger was real heavy. over 8#'s. I replaced the spring with one from an ink pen and got the pulled down to 4#'s
Must be a different trigger design than my early 90s 110. Mine has a flat spring and an adjustment screw that is notched. It won't go below 3 lbs, but that's okay 'cause that's where I like it.

I also adjusted a little creep out of it, got it crisp. That involves another screw and you must also be careful to re-adjust the safety adjustment after adjusting the travel. I dabbed a bit of blue loctite on all the screws when done. It's been good for 20 years at least.

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
This is the one I did.

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 13 of 13 Posts