Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
You'll be fine...If it's like in Texas, if was very informal and not to taxing...the range time was wonderful..good luck, but I know you'll do well :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Good luck, JB. I would imagine there will be no trouble at all.

·
Registered
32,018 Posts
You won't need any luck, just enjoy your shooting. :)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Carrying a concealed handgun is a huge responsibility. Pay attention to the legal side of the class, the shooting side is just to show you can handle a firearm safely, not to prove you're an expert marksman. Good luck, you'll be fine!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Enjoy the class, the classroom is to inform you of the laws and such, and any range time is always fun. Relax and enjoy the day.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Best of luck JB! Just relax and you will do fine. And just think how pleased you will be when you have your CCP! :D

·
32,573 Posts
Look into my virtual eyes. You'll relax,rrrrrreeeeellllaaaaaax! It's exciting!! At the same time listening closely and taking notes is a good idea. Our instructor shook things up a bit.

First we had to all act like farm animals and sound like them. Then we had to find the other "animal" like each other. It was two by two. Then came the introductions with the paired off group of one another.

After that things settled down and the ice was broken. Our instructor did say there was a test later and THAT perked some sleepy people up immediately! Turns out there was no test except range time. :)

Yours might be a bit entertaining as well.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The classes I have taken were all "open book" tests where people could help one another or even get the instructor to help them. The only shooting test we ever took that was pretty rigid was in Marshall county IA. many years ago. Needless to say the sheriff was like the South end of a horse headed North. He and I really never seen things the same way!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My instructor was a ex-police chief and it was a very entertaining un-PC class, to say the least. The range time was in his garage with a homemade bullet trap. Fun

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not nervous at all. I'm looking forward a little quality time with my PT111. :) Going to a new (to me) outdoor range for the class. With this class I will meet requirement for SC and Fla, NRA basic pistol certification, and NRA firearm safety certification.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
We will look forward to hearing back from you after the class. :cool:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My instructor was amusing , informative and helpful. I blew it by being way too tense.

No caffeine for you on Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
21,581 Posts
I took mine at the Sheriffs Range just behind the Jail. It was put on by the main instructor of the Sheriff Plus some retired and active guys one was a SWAT member.
It started out real informal kind of getting to know you kind of thing and them accessing your gun knowledge. Once they went over the basics of the guns we had. They took half the class out to shoot and the other stayed to watch a video.

Shooting was 3,5,7,10 and 20 yards for a total of 48 rounds You were allowed 3 misses. Then we all came in and they lectured us on gun laws and other things we needed to know and we ended up taking a 50 question test, you were allowed 5 wrong. It took all of eight hours and was vary well done. There were about 1/3 women and the rest people of all ages. With a few around 21 and one guy that was in his 60's The one good thing is they would help testify for you in case of a shooting which is why I took the course there. Its nice to have the backing of the guys that are out there everyday and are in charge of the courts to help you in a jam.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Don't forget the Wally Walk when your approved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts