Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Satisfied warranty replacement customer

Recently my Taurus Judge public defender polymer separated on the frame where the top strap meets the forcing cone. Wanting to receive prompt replacement for the un-repairable firearm I processed my return through the mega box sporting goods store it was purchased. I chose this route over sending it directly for the clout and record of warranty service I would receive from Taurus.

Noting problems with customer service through the website and chat text experienced by forum members here concerning response time I waited three weeks and just called them on the phone. Yes it took 15 minutes wait time but I was informed my firearm was not serviceable and a new one would be sent to my sporting goods store. I would need to process per my states requirements like a new firearm purchase as the serial number would be different. She would send replacement authorization forms immediately.

That's it, no hassle no fuss. The girl was polite, professional and aware of my firearms failure details reading them back to me just as I've written them to you. She confirmed no other incident of such nature was known to her. She sought to satisfy me and my sporting goods store needs for obvious reasons and made me feel comfortable as a customer.

In conclusion I believe contacting them by phone in person (after a reasonable time) is a must as it took that to get any in-house authorization form moving. Verify they've received your shipment through the website tracking feature and pace out your call a couple weeks from that. Unless the whole thing was a stroke I expect the next call to come from my sporting goods dealer telling me my new Taurus Judge PD is ready for pickup.

be well
Homey

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Hopefully they ship your new gun and life is good. 8)

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
My experience with Taurus CS has always been excellent, though I know others have had different experiences.

·
Super Moderator
40,653 Posts
Thanks for the update. I would suggest that you check with the store that sent the gun in for you every week as Taurus has been known to send replacement guns out with very little information to the FFL of record. I'm glad you are satisfied with the process up to now. Personally the few dealings I have had with Taurus Customers Service has been very smooth.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Be aware there have been a few instances recorded here (myself included) where they sent a replacement gun in a timely fashion, but without any information as to whom it was for. Mine sat at my FFL for a couple of weeks before I went looking for it. They had no way of knowing who it was for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In conclusion my case closed in 46 days. I would strongly suggest using the retail outlet you purchased from, that does business with, Taurus International. This surely expedited my claim over shipping to Taurus directly. Having the leverage of a mega sporting goods store to question any delays was beneficial. The firearm was received, evaluated, pulled from stock and shipped back even before their own online warranty status page was updated. I figue I got lucky all the way around with this crazy event. I'm currently in a 3 day waiting period to take possession.

Acquisition date Jan 22nd
Replacement date Mar 9th

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
A 3 day waiting period? Wow you must live in some left learning place or NICS is swapped and you got delayed...

Glad it all worked out and that Taurus replaced the gun for you. :cool:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
In conclusion my case closed in 46 days. I would strongly suggest using the retail outlet you purchased from, that does business with, Taurus International. This surely expedited my claim over shipping to Taurus directly. Having the leverage of a mega sporting goods store to question any delays was beneficial. The firearm was received, evaluated, pulled from stock and shipped back even before their own online warranty status page was updated. I figue I got lucky all the way around with this crazy event. I'm currently in a 3 day waiting period to take possession.

Acquisition date Jan 22nd
Replacement date Mar 9th
Sounds like Illinois.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Be interesting to hear who has returned a gun to Taurus through a retail entity and what the
turnaround time was versus an individual sending it in on their own.

I sent in my 24/7 some years ago, shipped from a local gun store, and had a ten day
turnaround.

Having an individual mad is one thing. Having a DEALER mad is quite another.

Just considering the shipping cost, going through a gun shop is a LOT cheaper than
sending next day UPS on your own.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
HMM? OK then?
so a 46 day exchange time period sounds reasonable then?
but glad you hopefully get it back before to long from the GUN JAIL.
I guess that I am jaded by the 6-7 day turn around time from Beretta, along with a call from the gunsmith there explaining that they were sorry I encountered the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yes we wait 3 days for aggressors to do their worst before we can have a new firearm to protect ourselves or families here in the land of Lincoln. It's only fair to a murdering thug because he's had such a miserable life of disappointment and despair... the least a person can do.

If you buy now and buy often... the waiting period is no big deal.

Actually I'm sure retailers love it because it brings you back to the counter to buy high capacity magazines, sign up for CCW, purchase ammunition or perhaps another firearm. What the libtards do in the name of "feel good" about themselves always gets counterbalanced by law abiding firearm owners. These same Liberals would be the first to "beg to barrow" in civil unrest. For every action they take there's an overpowering reaction they don't consider. It's a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Be aware there have been a few instances recorded here (myself included) where they sent a replacement gun in a timely fashion, but without any information as to whom it was for. Mine sat at my FFL for a couple of weeks before I went looking for it. They had no way of knowing who it was for.
Glen, you are correct. I had 3 G2s sent to my local FFL from Taurus with no information on the person receiving them. I called ffl up after reading your post and learned the guns
have been there for a month.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Glen, you are correct. I had 3 G2s sent to my local FFL from Taurus with no information on the person receiving them. I called ffl up after reading your post and learned the guns
That just chaps my hide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So another guy waiting for a gun from Taurus could have picked up your 3?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.