Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another one that I can scratch off of my want list. Everybody has a want list, no matter how many guns you own, no matter how much money you have or don't have, there is always a want list.

Back before Christmas I decided that I wanted to buy an upper tier 1911. I started a thread asking advice comparing a Sig 1911 and a Colt 1911. I got advice from any of you pro and con on both brands. I had not made a decision and I kept thinking on it off and on as it popped up in my memory. After the first of the year there were a number of other guns that caught my attention and I had to take care of so I did not think much about which 1911 I wanted. Then last Thursday the decision was made for me.

I got a call from my favorite Gun Shop and the owner told me then he had a man who had purchased a gun from him about 4 weeks or so ago. This week his wife informed him that he was going to be a daddy and they have no medical insurance. He was trying to sell a few of his guns to get a head start on the medical bills. I went down to meet him at the gun shop on Thursday and see what he had to sell. He only had seven guns and most of them were run-of-the-mill with a lot of plastic. One gun stood out and I had to have it!

The gun was a Colt Gold Cup trophy 1911 in 45 caliber. The gun is in as new condition with all paperwork box extra magazines the whole works. The man that owned it said he only shot it twice, in fact he still had ammunition left out of his first box of 50 rounds that he bought when he bought the gun. He change the grips, the mag release, and added a compensator to the gun. The gun is finished in Colts bright high polish. I think I am going to remove the compensator and I'm not sure about the grips. The grips he put on the gun just don't ring my bell at least not yet but time will tell. I figure if I don't like them I can put a set of real Custom Grips on and sell the skeleton grips to someone who does like them. The owner of the guns saved the original Barrel bushing, the original grips, and the original magazine release so if I want to put it back as it was it's a simple matter of just doing it.

I will post some pictures here and after I get to the range with it I will post a report. Probably be Wednesday or Thursday.

Don

Bumper Vehicle Car

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Revolver Trigger Airsoft gun Auto part

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Congrats! From his family to your's.

Reactions: BangBang

·
9,093 Posts
OMG a gold cup, I am dripping with envy. Some day when I grow up I will own one of those.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
Congratulations, I like it.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
That Comp almost makes it look like he slapped a .45 Rowland in there! (does the barrel say .45 ACP or Rowland?? - be snazzy ;))

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Congrats on your new to you and very nice Colt Gold Cup slide gun.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Well done Don. You should have more fun with that than a man ought To!

I’m sure I’ve seen the ventilated/skeletonized 1911 grips around here but can’t recall when . . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts