Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the SAR USA booth at the SHOT Show and they had a couple of their race guns on display. While talking to them about it they told me that they are going to be bringing it in. AND! He said that they are thinking that the MSRP is going to be $750.

If they can hit that price it's going to be a huge seller.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It certainly is a purty! You going to be buying one?
If one of two things happen.

We leave California.

Or

We get our case against the state of California heard by the SCOTUS to overturn the roster and WIN!

We'll find out more about the second option in March as the first option is too far away.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
That is one sexy pistol. Want.

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Very-Very-Very Tanfoglio looking pistola.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
Me Likey!

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Well that's because they used to have a license agreement with them. They don't anymore but still make guns based on their design.

ahh ha!!
I have a EAA Witness Elite Match in 38 Super and 10 MM, now not true race guns but extremely well made and accurate as can be.
I paid 750 for the 38 Super, a year or so later they had gone up to 850, that's what I paid for the 10 MM, but honestly in my opinion well worth that price as they are a hand assembled by a single gunsmith weapon, smooth, flawless, tight and well made.
the Elite Match is the starter comp pistol for Tanfoglio and they make full fledged race pistols and such that go into the thousands of dollars.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh ha!!
I have a EAA Witness Elite Match in 38 Super and 10 MM, now not true race guns but extremely well made and accurate as can be.
I paid 750 for the 38 Super, a year or so later they had gone up to 850, that's what I paid for the 10 MM, but honestly in my opinion well worth that price as they are a hand assembled by a single gunsmith weapon, smooth, flawless, tight and well made.
the Elite Match is the starter comp pistol for Tanfoglio and they make full fledged race pistols and such that go into the thousands of dollars.
I believe that the SAR i posted is going to compete with the Witness Elite Limited (seen below) which has an MSRP of just over $1500. So if SAR can get that model out at $750 it's going to be huge!

Attachments

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I believe that the SAR i posted is going to compete with the Witness Elite Limited (seen below) which has an MSRP of just over $1500. So if SAR can get that model out at $750 it's going to be huge!
agreed, as I mentioned Tanfoglio has pistols that go into the thousands of dollars.
IF SAR can do that feat it will be quite interesting as long as the quality is there!
of course all these weapons are spin off, improvements in the CZ pistols.
I never met a steel framed one that I didn't like.
MY Tanfoglio are just as well made as my CZ and the CZ are more costly, parts and availability isn't near as good as CZ however.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Apparently another great CZ clone. I have 3 Canik and am a big fan.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Canik designed their own trigger system while I believe that SAR copied Tanfoglios. The new pistol has actually been on the Sarsilmaz site for over a year, and there is a compensated model that would technically qualify as "Race Gun."

Problem is, I don't think anyone is getting new pistols to sell due to the Tariffs imposed on Turkey. And politically, things are a mess. Turkey provides NATO with more troops than anyone other than the USA. That didn't stop their whack job president from going to Moscow a few days back to talk about their spheres of influence after the US pulls out of Syria. And he's already mentioned leaving NATO for what used to be called the Warsaw Pact that is now essentially the Sino-Russia Pact.

Otherwise, I would own a SAR38/357 right now because they are near exact duplicates of the S&W 586/686. A really excellent 2013 model GP100 solved that for me. The SAR B6 polymers have really sold well while the new SAR 9 (not Sargun) is getting raves. I bought a Sargun that has one of the best recoil systems since th HK USP40 was introduced back in 1994 which I also bought but sold later.

I don't know about all of the other Turk gunmakers, but Canik and Sarsilmaz are sounds products. Sarsilmaz. just this past year, opened up their own distribution in the USA called SAR USA. If they could get and sell the entire product line, they would do very well. Their shotguns are great, but licensed to others in many cases. They also make a very appealing AR platform.;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I want one of the SAR MEGA 9mm's, in stainless. I let one go on GB a while back and still regret it. A friend has a black one, and it's very nice. IMHO, totally the equal of a Tanfoglio or even a "real" CZ. I have the SAR K2 45 and the Sr38, both very nice. I have a Canik TP9v2 and am trying to get a friend to sell me his Tristar (Canik built) P100, which is a CZ P01 clone. Other than the common super stiff safety, the thing shoots great and after 500 rounds the trigger is pretty decent.

·
Super Moderator
37,236 Posts
I stopped by the SAR USA booth at the SHOT Show and they had a couple of their race guns on display. While talking to them about it they told me that they are going to be bringing it in. AND! He said that they are thinking that the MSRP is going to be $750.

If they can hit that price it's going to be a huge seller.

That is a beauty for certain. If MSRP is 750.00 and they retail just below 700 they won't be able to keep them in stock.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I also like that with the K-12 Sport, Sarsilmaz went to a grip frame more similar to CZ than Tanfoglio which I prefer. And if they don't have the short chambers that CZs do . . . yeah, I could see one in my collection. With the number of custom parts made and sold by Cajun Gun Works, the Tristar/Canik CZ 75 clone is definitely on my radar as a custom project.;)

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
That is a beauty for certain. If MSRP is 750.00 and they retail just below 700 they won't be able to keep them in stock.
IF they are like top level CZ or Top level Tanfoglio they aren't going to be a lot to spread around.
they seem to come in at limited numbers and in small bunches.
so IF you want one then you better grab them when they show up.

Reactions: 57K and morrcarr67

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I want one of the SAR MEGA 9mm's, in stainless. I let one go on GB a while back and still regret it. A friend has a black one, and it's very nice. IMHO, totally the equal of a Tanfoglio or even a "real" CZ. I have the SAR K2 45 and the Sr38, both very nice. I have a Canik TP9v2 and am trying to get a friend to sell me his Tristar (Canik built) P100, which is a CZ P01 clone. Other than the common super stiff safety, the thing shoots great and after 500 rounds the trigger is pretty decent.
People compare most of these weapons to the CZ and that's a good comparison as its a top notch quality piece I own 4 of them.
but the smoothest, most accurate weapon of the 4 EAA and the 4 CZ that I have is the Tanfoglio Elite Match in 38 super, the 10 MM in the same gun is second.
they are simply like running on ball bearings.
not a lot of 10 MM full sized weapons that a lady can rack the slide on, most can with the Elite Match. very well put together weapons.
love to shoot steel at distances with both of these guns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts