Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry this has taken so long to post, but I've been busy and my old Camera dumped the Pics I took earlier.

EAA imported Sarsilmaz SAR K2-45 Pistol

This Pistol IS very very well made. Quite heavy too, when loaded with 14 rounds of 230 grain FMJ. It shows a great deal of promise.

Accuracy and Reliability are very good. Have consumed 200 rounds of my IPSC 200 grain PFP Match load, 20 rounds of 185 grn JHP load (5.8 grains of Alliant Red Dot under a Surplus Remington JHP), 200 rounds of 230 grn FMJ (4.8 grains of Red Dot under a Surplus Remington 230 grn FMJ).

Have shot from a Sandbagged Rest, off hand, and have done a couple of runs on an El Presidente Drill.

Shooting Results have been very good and tight so far. It does have an annoying tendancy to print left, but I think that will straighten out, once I find the sweet spot on my Trigger Finger for it.
Trigger reach is a good bit further than all of my other handguns. The Grip, being fairly large. I may also change or eliminate the Grips. I did install an Uncle Mikes Finger Groove Grip Sleeve which improved some handling, but the Grip for me is only an okay fit. I did not notice it so much in the Gunshop when I handled it, but I noticed it more when shooting it. Reminds me of my late ParaOrdnance P14.

No feeding issues, but I plan to very slightly bevel the Chamber entry mouth of the barrel, as the Chamber entry area has sharp corners.
I may change the Sights, although the Stock ones worked well. I do prefer fixed Sights on Semi-Auto Pistols. These appear to be LPA Sights, although not marked as such.

As for Holsters, I found a Tagua Open Top Holster for the H&K USP 45 fits this Pistol fairly well.

Edit Note Add to Holster list:

Safariland Custom Fit # 568-744-411 (Black, Right Hand) Excellent fit, muzzle sticks out about 3/8", which does not seem to be a problem, as the Sight Channel keeps the Front Sight from snagging.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
That's a good lookin' pistol. I've got a soft spot for CZ style wrap around frames. It's a good design that usually manifests itself with accuracy. Nice. I'm jealous! :D

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. Steel-framed or alloy? And it came with one mag? Or more?
All Steel, and it soaks up the recoil very nicely. Mine only came with one Magazine, but newer ones come with two.
I managed to snag five spare Magazines off Grabagun, back when they were reasonable and present.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I like it. That looks like a keeper! 14 rounds of .45acp? Sweet!

Reactions: jwc007

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Sweet report.

And a niiiiice pistol. The Sarzmillaz pistols keep getting the good reviews.

I'm 1 for 2 on my Turkish guns. My Tristar C100 (Canik) is spectacular - more so than I think any gun I've ever shot. My Stoeger Cougar? It's offered some disappointment on its two times at the range. We shall see if it's cleaned up on range trip #3. If not, it gets to go back to Maryland for repair... for the second time.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I own two Sarsilmaz pistols and both of them are spectacular for the price. I do not have the .45 yet, but I am seriously considering one.

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Safariland Holster added to list.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
All Steel, and it soaks up the recoil very nicely. Mine only came with one Magazine, but newer ones come with two.
I managed to snag five spare Magazines off Grabagun, back when they were reasonable and present.
Thanks for a good review. I've heard good things about the gun. I'm not aware of any higher capacity .45 pistols. Not in this price range, anyway.

Don't they also make a polymer framed version of this gun, though? I seem to remember seeing two at Bud's and one was a good bit less money than the other. I'm thinking the polymer was less expensive. Glad you got a good one.

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are most Welcome and Thankyou! :)

Don't they also make a polymer framed version of this gun, though? I seem to remember seeing two at Bud's and one was a good bit less money than the other. I'm thinking the polymer was less expensive.
Not exactly. They do make a Polymer Framed handgun, but it is more of a Mid-Sized Pistol and Chambered in 9x19mm. My Review of that one: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/other-handguns/95784-sar-k2p-9mm-review.html

Sarsilmaz/EAA SAR K2P 9mm Pistol with Polymer Frame ripped off from Tanfoglio Polymer Witness Pistols

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased my Taurus 24/7 OSS Tactical 9mm a few years back and love the gun. That said, had the SAR line been available back then it would have definitely been among those that I considered. In fact, I have been unable to find the 24/7 OSS Tactical in .45acp so I purchased the SAR K2 in .45acp. Couldn't agree with the thread more in that I now have multiple Turkish guns and they make some very fine hardware for some very attractive price-points.

Pardon the quality (or lack thereof--I have got to get a better camera).
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just another Status Update here. My SAR K2-45 continues to perform well.

EAA no longer imports the Sarsilmaz line, but is still providing Customer Service for the Guns that they have imported. Their Warranty is a limited Lifetime Warrany, limited to the original owner/purchaser.
The SAR K2-45 will now be imported directly by SARARMS SAR ARMS

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
You linked this thread in another one, so I found myself wondering about the trigger reach on the K2. Is the trigger reach longer than on the PT92? that one is about at the limit of my finger length.

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You linked this thread in another one, so I found myself wondering about the trigger reach on the K2. Is the trigger reach longer than on the PT92? that one is about at the limit of my finger length.
Yes, most certainly.

Measurements - Distance from Backstrap to Trigger Face

DA Pull

PT92 - 2.820" SAR K2-45 - 3.090"

SA Pull

PT92 - 2.440" SAR K2-45 - 2.714"

Note that this does not account for the angle your Trigger Finger will need from the joint, which the girth of the Pistol's grip will impose.
The grip of the SAR K2-45 is a bit wider than that of the PT92.

IF you find the SAR K2-45 too large, I recommend the EAA .45 Witness instead.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations jwc007!! I've read a few reviews and watched a handful of videos on these pistols and from the accounts they seem like fine pistols - of which you've confirmed as well. I saw one about a month back at a gun shop in Southern Indiana NIB for about $550 IIRC. These and the Zastava EZ9s have both piqued my interest greatly.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice gun. I've held one at my LGS and I like it.

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
I recently held one at my LGS and my only concern was the total length to the trigger.

I liked the way it felt in my hand overall, was just concerned that it may effect my accuracy.

I think I would have to shoot one to see.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts