Taurus Firearm Forum banner

SAR B6 from EAA

99K views 223 replies 43 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
Just bought a 4.5" barreled SAR B6 (think cz-75) from gallery of guns for 297$ OTD I will post a review when I get it in a few days. Anyone else have any experience with these?

Reactions: BigBlue
#3 ·
I ordered it yesterday from Davidson's, it is already in town and I should be able to pick it up today!

#4 ·
Here it is, feels good. Finish is about what you would expect for a military service pistol. The only real negative I can see and I am not sure about long term effects is the relatively small tabs on the frame insert that engage the slide. The action is DA/SA without a decock function, seems to be tight and I expect accuracy will at least be acceptable. I will not be able to test fire until Friday. SA is fairly light, I don't have a guage but it feels like around 6# DA is heavy, but no noticeable stacking and breaks clean. Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Revolver
Trigger Finger Tool
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

Looks like cz-75, but appears to have slightly different catch location on the mag, I dont think the mags will interchange. I will have a range report by this weekend. So far for under $300 I am pleasantly surprised. Davidsons lifetime gaurantee helps my piece of mind.

#5 ·
Very Nice! :cool: Actually, these are a copy of the Tanfoglio Polymer EAA Witness, from before Tanfoglio added the Rail. Quite a few parts for the Tanfoglio Pistols are most likely compatible.

SAR stands for the Turkish Company, Sarsilmaz, which formerly had a partnership with Tanfoglio.

Reactions: olfarhors
#6 ·
The Tanfoglio is actually a copy of the CZ75, before the wall fell you could not buy the Czech guns here.

#8 · (Edited)
Range report: I will call this gun economical, I refuse to call it cheap. I put 250 rds through it this morning 150 Federal 115gr fmj and 100 124gr hp from Freedom munitions. No failures of any kind, it is more accurate than my 6" model 66 that came along. Every piece of brass landed within about 6" of each other on my tarp. I did all my shooting unsupported from about 15yds since I am too lazy to move the tarp, the only time I would miss my 6" swinging target is when I would not wait for it to stop moving. I only have 2 negative comments, the edge of the trigger is a little sharp and will soon be visited by some sandpaper, and it only came with one mag. It is so much fun to shoot you won't want to stop to reload every 15 rounds. Design Pattern Pattern Square Paper

The tear in the bottom left corner is from the staple, This was 15 yards rapid fire with 124gr freedom munitions hollow points. Double action trigger pull is HEAVY, I would recommend condition 1 carry, otherwise you have to manually lower the hammer on a live round.

Reactions: BigBlue and jwc007
#9 ·
Congratulations on your new firearm.

#10 ·
Excellent choice.

#12 ·
Yes, but I had some cz mags I thought might work. They wont.

#13 · (Edited)
I just bought the EAA SAR B6 4.5" from Davidson's for $281.89 after tax, shipping and everything. Fit and finish are very good for a 9mm pistol under $300. The gun comes with a user's guide, a brush, a small EAA trigger lock & only 1 mag. I will need to get more mags from EAA. Can't wait to try her out this coming weekend. BTW, the local Davidson's dealer guy was super nice. I might get the 3.8" version of this gun later. I like her so far.

Edit: I forgot to say I placed the order yesterday morning (11/5), Davidson's shipped the gun to the local dealer yesterday afternoon via FedEx overnight and I picked her up at around 13:30 today (11/6). Gotta love Davidson's!!!

Attachments

#19 ·
let me know if the fullsize mags fit the compact. they are cheaper if you get them from Davidson's when you buy.

#20 ·
Thanks, I will contact Davidson's sales manager to see if they can give me a special price after all the guns I bought from their company over the years
. I am also wondering if the 17rd mag fits and works in the compact. I will post the info here after I buy the compact and try the full-size mag with it.

#21 ·
Picked my second one up today. Have not shot it yet, but the trigger is 4.5# SA and it looks great. I just made the connection, Sarsilmaz is the same company that makes the AR-24 that Armalite puts their name on. I would not be surprised if this wound up being sold as a polymer AR-24.

Reactions: Taurus10
#25 ·
Let me know what you think of it, I may order a compact yet.

#24 ·
I took #2 out Thursday and fired off a few rounds while waiting for the Turkey fryer to get hot. Apparently the first one was no fluke as #2 was very accurate as well. I got an RCBS trigger pull gauge for my birthday and tested them both out and single action on both was #4.25-4.5 consistently.

#27 ·
I don't have any experience with that model, but I JUST traded the SAR ST-10 for my Taurus 617 (2 days ago). It was a very nice pistol; fit and finish were great for a firearm at that price point and accuracy was very good. I wouldn't have sold it, but I just had to have that revolver lol
Here was mine

#30 ·
They have been on sale for the last few months, both of mine were $297 OTD two months apart.

#32 ·
Here is my overview so far. I picked it up today. My dealer had a full size one also. I compared the 2 next to each other and like the compact better. It felt better in my hands. I think it looks a little better also. The trigger was a little heavy in double action but the single action felt good. The quality seems pretty good. Certainly at this price level. The balance was good in the compact, better then the full size to me. The sights are a little small but with the 3 dot set up they are still easy to use. I have not shot it yet but hope to soon. I will report on how it does.

#34 ·
I still have not had a chance to go to the range yet. But I gave it a good cleaning. I had a little trouble removing the slide stop pin, but it finally came out. I was pleased with how the parts are machined. There are no obvious tool marks. The barrel ramp was polished and looked good. I was surprised that there was a dual recoil spring. Not sure why. But the slide takes some strength and a good grip to pull back. I hope to shoot soon. I am looking forward to it.

#35 ·
The takedown pin on one of mine was difficult to remove as well, I found mine came out easier if I pulled the slide back past the takedown witnessing marks.

#37 ·
I went to the range today with my B6 compact. Here is my evaluation. What I thought at first when I cleaned it about the slide being hard to pull back, turned out not to be the case. Even though it has a dual recoil spring set up, the recoil was a bit snappy. I have a Ruger SR9c which I really like and the recoil on my B6 compact seemed a tad worse. I think it needs a slightly stronger recoil spring.
I shot 200 rounds and it functioned perfectly. The accuracy was very good. Similar to my SR9c. One thing I did not like was. When the mags are in the gun and you shoot it there is a tiny gap between the grip bottom and where it meets the mag. My pinky finger was right over that area. It did not pinch or hurt but you could tell it was there. Also the magazine butt plates are large, making it more difficult to conceal. The full size does not have the same mag butt plate. So that problem would not be there. I am glad I got it and would think about getting another at this low price. Might even get the full size. But If the price goes up very much I would not buy more. For what you get at this low price it is worth it.

#38 ·
Thanks for the info. I was not really sure if I wanted to buy the 2nd full size or the compact but I probably will get the 2nd full size if I buy another B6. The reason being I like the way the full size shoots and how comfortable it feels in my hand. But now I also noticed the price of the full size has increased like you said. I probably will order the EAA Witness from Bud's instead.

#42 · (Edited)
That link you gave for Bud's is the one I looked at. It looks like a nice gun. In some ways its similar to the B6 full size. There were many good reviews given by people. I like that it has a rail and the sights look a little better. If you get it let us know what you think in comparison to the B6. Since the B6 compact is still on sale and my dealer is selling it for 267 plus tax I am going to pick up another one.
He is selling the full size for 289 plus tax. If it goes on sale I may pick up one of those also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.