Taurus Firearm Forum banner
161 - 180 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought a 4.5" barreled SAR B6 (think cz-75) from gallery of guns for 297$ OTD I will post a review when I get it in a few days. Anyone else have any experience with these?
I just bought my wife a compact version of the sar b6 and shot it for the first time today and it blew away my sd9ve in a contest. The recoil is great, which my wife will love. She hasn't gotten to shoot it yet since she is recovering from surgery. I told her I would trade her my sd9 for it, but no deal. I got this gun at my LGS, brand new, for 289 bucks plus North Carolina tax. That is a steal for how this thing shoots. It's worth twice that IMO. The safety is hard to put back on, and the slide rails fit inside the frame, making it a little difficult to pull back the slide, but you get used to it. The trigger pull is awesome. It ate every kind of ammo I fed it with no hiccups whatsoever. I would have no problem making this my CCW if it keeps this up. But it's my wifes, so I'll have to get my own if I want to do that. Darn.

·
Registered
526 Posts
People always say "I only have up to $300 to spend so I have to get a SD9VE or Hipoint or whatever!"...and whenever they do I always think, man there's so many good guns for under or around $300 that IMO are leagues better than the "Big brand" guns in the range (and even a bit more) in build quality, trigger quality and accuracy! The Turks make some KILLER guns. There's Turkish shotguns half the price of others that id rather have than the more expensive one. I LOVE my Turkish guns :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
People always say "I only have up to $300 to spend so I have to get a SD9VE or Hipoint or whatever!"...and whenever they do I always think, man there's so many good guns for under or around $300 that IMO are leagues better than the "Big brand" guns in the range (and even a bit more) in build quality, trigger quality and accuracy! The Turks make some KILLER guns. There's Turkish shotguns half the price of others that id rather have than the more expensive one. I LOVE my Turkish guns :)
I bought the sd9ve for the way if felt and the Smith and Wesson warranty. EEA makes you pay shipping for service, there and back, while Smith does not. You can't beat Smith's customer service. That being said, the Sar outshot the sd9ve while both stock. When I replace the sear spring in the sd9ve for 18 bucks, it will have a light enough trigger pull to compete with the sar, I guarantee it. No safety, so locked and cocked and pull the trigger if I, God forbid, ever have to do so.

But I love the sar b6p9 as well. It is gonna be my wifes sd weapon. Thinking about getting a k2 for myself and maybe a b6p9 as well for myself.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Oh, another thing I noticed about my SAR is that it looks like those Turks made it easy to replace the front sight on the B6. Now I have to figure out who makes sights that will fit this and what my options are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh, another thing I noticed about my SAR is that it looks like those Turks made it easy to replace the front sight on the B6. Now I have to figure out who makes sights that will fit this and what my options are.
Please post it if you find out anything. After you get yours, of course. But I kind of like the front dot being bigger than the back two, but one of my back white dots has already come out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had my first glich with the sar b6p compact: it ate all ammo I fed it until the fiochhi 124 grain. The first 3 rounds of the mag were fine, then 4 straight failed to feed, then the other 6 were fine. It has not done that with any other ammo. My sd9ve and my son's sr9 had no problem with the ammo. Weird, because I thought if there was gonna be a problem, it would be with the cheapo tul ammo. But no. BTW, I used PCM 124 grain and it was fine.

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Just had my first glich with the sar b6p compact: it ate all ammo I fed it until the fiochhi 124 grain. The first 3 rounds of the mag were fine, then 4 straight failed to feed, then the other 6 were fine. It has not done that with any other ammo. My sd9ve and my son's sr9 had no problem with the ammo. Weird, because I thought if there was gonna be a problem, it would be with the cheapo tul ammo. But no. BTW, I used PCM 124 grain and it was fine.

Give the Extractor area a good cleaning. Disassemble the Magazines and give them a good cleaning. Field/Range test and see what happens.

But then again, you might have read that advice somewhere else ;) Nice to know, I'm consistent. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Give the Extractor area a good cleaning. Disassemble the Magazines and give them a good cleaning. Field/Range test and see what happens.

But then again, you might have read that advice somewhere else ;) Nice to know, I'm consistent. :D
Hmmmmm, does sound familiar. :) I have done the cleaning and will shoot again tomorrow. I joined an indoor range for 249 bucks for a year for my four and no more. Guests can shoot for 10 bucks with me all day. One thing though, my son, who is 19, got his pistol permit and got a Ruger SR9. He can't buy ammo for it, and he can't shoot at the range without me or the wife being with him. Strange gun laws.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
SAR pistols are hard to beat for price AND quality, my poor S&W 39-2 has been a safe queen since I got my two B6P's sitting there lonely in her nickel beauty.

Reactions: Ebha and jwc007

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have both the SAR9 compact and full size. I bought them from Davidsons GOG. I noticed they now list a SAR9 compact with a pink frame for almost 100 more. I think I would die of embarassment if I were shot with a pink gun LOL

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just shot my SAR b6p compact for the first time today and boy was it smooth. Very accurate and low recoil. I put 200 rounds through it and never had a single jam or issue. I did both single and double action, the groupings were very close together. Double and trip taps smooth and very manageable. Very impressed with this gun

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'm about to buy one at Bud's. Can't beat the price!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
It's $231,that's a steal!

Anyone with a line on magazines inexpensively?

161 - 180 of 223 Posts