Taurus Firearm Forum banner
221 - 224 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
I also have a Canik/TriStar T120 and have NEVER noticed it's Safety hard to operate, even with my strong-hand thumb, but then again, my hand strength may be different. I also have many other Tanfoglio based Cz Clones with a similar/same Safety, and have never noticed their Safeties being a problem. I do however, keep them well lubed.

My shooting technique for using such Pistols from the "Cocked and Locked" condition may also be different from your own practice. Upon draw with the Pistol pointed downrange at the intended Target, I bring my weak/support hand up and it's thumb hits the Safety down while moving to the support position. It can be quick with practice and the technique is what suits me for that condition. I learned that technique from a USPSA Grand-Master teaching an IPSC Class.

Now that said, my usual practice in not to use the Safety at all, and Carry my DA/SA Pistols with the Hammer Down on a live chamber. On Cz and Cz Cloned Pistols, this involves manually decocking the Pistol, which must be very very carefully done. It's not for everyone out there, but that's my practice.

I don't normally use the safeties either, the DA pull is "safe enough" to prevent an accidental pull. My thumbnail is my main problem when I use it to scrape or push anything. I've partially torn it off a couple of times and crazy glue and some tape is a lifesaver. I've become an expert at fixing messed up nails over the last few years as my nails have become weaker, but grow much faster than they used to. That comes in handy when I have a nail glued together and am waiting for the split or crack to grow out.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
many of the Turkish type weapons (including CZ) has many options as to carry, most are DA/SA so you can carry hammer down, then there is the half cock , then the thumb safety so the old cock and lock carry!
I find my Tanfoglio and CZ to be some of the best design, functioning weapons in my inventory.
now IF CZ would come out with the 10 MM on the model 97 frame it would get me back into the buying mode!
MY 97 (45 acp) is simply one my favorite and best shooting weapons!

Reactions: Memiram and Old_Sp5
221 - 224 of 224 Posts