Taurus Firearm Forum banner
201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Saw this add recently, and finally ordered it. $247.88 + $25 FFL.

EAA SAR B6P Sarsilmaz Compact, Semi-automatic, 9mm, 400424, 741566600944, 3.8" Barrel - 655391, Semi-Automatic at Sportsman's Guide

Mine arrived 20 Aug. Looked and felt great. Excellent workmanship, based on what can be seen and felt. The slide was very tight, as was the safety. I was hoping it loosen up when I put a few rounds down range on Friday morning.

I made it to the range on Friday, 21Aug. I put 100 rounds of Federal aluminum-cased round nose through it. I had one FTF in the third mag. Not sure why it failed, but after clearing it I re-loaded the same cartridge in the mag. It fed and fired perfectly on the second try. No more problems of any kind.

The SAR loosened up nicely as the round count increased. The slide became very manageable, but showed no "wriggle room" at all. The safety remained very, very tight, though. I did not use it much due to the tightness, and lack of need (I was on a.private range with good safety awareness by all so I just used my God-given satay devices--brain engaged and booger hook off the trigger until the sights were on target).

Accuracy was all for which I could hoped. From 8-10 yards all my groups were fist-sized. When my finger action was poor, pull left or down, etc., I still had good groups. If I did my part, the results were satisfying." Gun shot where I pointed it.

It came with one mag only. The mag was tight! First mag I could only load ten, not 13. Second mag I managed 11. Third mag, twelve. By the sixth mag I was loading thirteen without problem.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this pistol. Very good pistol at a great price!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Saw this add recently, and finally ordered it. $247.88 + $25 FFL.

EAA SAR B6P Sarsilmaz Compact, Semi-automatic, 9mm, 400424, 741566600944, 3.8" Barrel - 655391, Semi-Automatic at Sportsman's Guide

Mine arrived 20 Aug. Looked and felt great. Excellent workmanship, based on what can be seen and felt. The slide was very tight, as was the safety. I was hoping it loosen up when I put a few rounds down range on Friday morning.

I made it to the range on Friday, 21Aug. I put 100 rounds of Federal aluminum-cased round nose through it. I had one FTF in the third mag. Not sure why it failed, but after clearing it I re-loaded the same cartridge in the mag. It fed and fired perfectly on the second try. No more problems of any kind.

The SAR loosened up nicely as the round count increased. The slide became very manageable, but showed no "wriggle room" at all. The safety remained very, very tight, though. I did not use it much due to the tightness, and lack of need (I was on a.private range with good safety awareness by all so I just used my God-given satay devices--brain engaged and booger hook off the trigger until the sights were on target).

Accuracy was all for which I could hoped. From 8-10 yards all my groups were fist-sized. When my finger action was poor, pull left or down, etc., I still had good groups. If I did my part, the results were satisfying." Gun shot where I pointed it.

It came with one mag only. The mag was tight! First mag I could only load ten, not 13. Second mag I managed 11. Third mag, twelve. By the sixth mag I was loading thirteen without problem.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this pistol. Very good pistol at a great price!
I have a few k's through mine and the safety is still hard to engage but manageable to disengage. Not sure it will get bet with just shooting. You could try sitting in front of the boob tube and work it on and off for a few hours and see if that makes it any better.

My B6P is not a HD/SD gun so I'm not too worried about it. None of those guns have any safeties at all to worry about. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I Fired 290 Rnds of different ammo types of With Zero Problems (50 Rnds- Winchester 115g Silvertip HP) (100 Rnds- WOLF 115g FMJ ) ( 40rnds - Hornady 115 gr FTX Critical Defense) (50 Rnds Fiocchi 115 FMJ ) ( 50 Rnds PMC Bronze 115 g FMJ ) I'm Very Impressed with this low cost Weapon . Also I Bought a couple of CZ75B Mags and they function perfectly in it..Has Anyone had experience with the compact version of this weapon. I Might buy it next..............

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Found a holster that fits mine nicely, Fobus standard holster RH paddle, PX4 Beretta. Fits like it was made for it, about $20 on Amazon. Mine is the fullsize B6P, but I am sure it will fit the compact as well.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
CZ75B mags from mec-gar work good if you sand the top of the magazine base plate a tiny bit.

·
Registered
37,123 Posts
or use the one with the metal mag base
I believe the mags from CZ have the plastic base and the Mec-Gar mags have the flat metal base?
both are made by Mec-Gar but usually they can be a few bucks cheaper than the CZ purchased mags.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
My SAR BP6 cost a bit less, but it's purple :D. Mine functions well with CZ-75 Compact magazines. They are much less expensive than SAR mags off their website.

·
Super Moderator
38,236 Posts
I just bought sar b6 I love It. One the best CZ75 clones out there for price.
View attachment 481477

Yup, got my B6C a few months ago and love that gun!

Reactions: jwc007 and RScottie

·
Registered
550 Posts
Seems like every CZ clone has a stiff safety. Only my oldest surplus guns have an easy to flip safety at this point. The others don't have enough wear on them. I tried to work the safety on my SAR 2000 to loosen it up and my hand gave out and if it loosened up at all, it isn't much.

·
Super Moderator
38,236 Posts
Seems like every CZ clone has a stiff safety. Only my oldest surplus guns have an easy to flip safety at this point. The others don't have enough wear on them. I tried to work the safety on my SAR 2000 to loosen it up and my hand gave out and if it loosened up at all, it isn't much.
I consider that a plus on my B6C. I don't carry the CZ75 Compact because it has a wishy washy safety and cocked and locked with -0- safety isn't an option. I bought replacement springs which are supposed to tighten up the safety action on the CZ, but haven't mustered the courage yet to tear it down to install. Probably should just engage a gunsmith.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
550 Posts
I consider that a plus on my B6C. I don't carry the CZ75 Compact because it has a wishy washy safety and cocked and locked with -0- safety isn't an option. I bought replacement springs which are supposed to tighten up the safety action on the CZ, but haven't mustered the courage yet to tear it down to install. Probably should just engage a gunsmith.
A friend of mine has a Tri-Star (Canik) T120, and that gun's safety is almost impossible for anyone with any kind of hand issues to flip on or off. His wife gave up on it, even though she liked the gun itself. We took the lever out and polished up the mechanism and the safety itself and it did little to help, which surprised us. He did the "sit and watch TV" thing and flipped it on and off a few hundred times with a drop of CLP once in a while and even after all that, it's still stiffer than my SAR 2000 is. My 30+ year old Mossad Tanfoglio's safety is perfect, but it still took me putting a lot of use on it to get it that way. When I got it in 2012, it was really almost impossible to flip with my thumb, I had to grab it with my thumb and forefinger if I didn't want to risk tearing my thumbnail up. My nails aren't what they used to be, they break pretty easily at 65. Now, I can flip it with my thumb, which barely reaches it when it's up, but I would be shocked if it ever was flipped by accident. My other old fullsized Tanfoglio is just about the same, but my compact is still stiff. The only gun I have that was tolerable, safety wise out of the box was my SAR CM9 G2. It's still on the stiff side, but not bad compared to the 2000 and my almost NIB Jericho 941. My Sphinx SDP is in the middle of the stiffer bunch. It's really my only complaint about that gun.

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
I also have a Canik/TriStar T120 and have NEVER noticed it's Safety hard to operate, even with my strong-hand thumb, but then again, my hand strength may be different. I also have many other Tanfoglio based Cz Clones with a similar/same Safety, and have never noticed their Safeties being a problem. I do however, keep them well lubed.

My shooting technique for using such Pistols from the "Cocked and Locked" condition may also be different from your own practice. Upon draw with the Pistol pointed downrange at the intended Target, I bring my weak/support hand up and it's thumb hits the Safety down while moving to the support position. It can be quick with practice and the technique is what suits me for that condition. I learned that technique from a USPSA Grand-Master teaching an IPSC Class.

Now that said, my usual practice in not to use the Safety at all, and Carry my DA/SA Pistols with the Hammer Down on a live chamber. On Cz and Cz Cloned Pistols, this involves manually decocking the Pistol, which must be very very carefully done. It's not for everyone out there, but that's my practice.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts