Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 4.5" barreled SAR B6 (think cz-75) from gallery of guns for 297$ OTD I will post a review when I get it in a few days. Anyone else have any experience with these?

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I was just looking at those this morning myself. Looking forward to your review.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered it yesterday from Davidson's, it is already in town and I should be able to pick it up today!

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here it is, feels good. Finish is about what you would expect for a military service pistol. The only real negative I can see and I am not sure about long term effects is the relatively small tabs on the frame insert that engage the slide. The action is DA/SA without a decock function, seems to be tight and I expect accuracy will at least be acceptable. I will not be able to test fire until Friday. SA is fairly light, I don't have a guage but it feels like around 6# DA is heavy, but no noticeable stacking and breaks clean. Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Revolver Trigger Finger Tool Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun
Looks like cz-75, but appears to have slightly different catch location on the mag, I dont think the mags will interchange. I will have a range report by this weekend. So far for under $300 I am pleasantly surprised. Davidsons lifetime gaurantee helps my piece of mind.

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Very Nice! :cool: Actually, these are a copy of the Tanfoglio Polymer EAA Witness, from before Tanfoglio added the Rail. Quite a few parts for the Tanfoglio Pistols are most likely compatible.

SAR stands for the Turkish Company, Sarsilmaz, which formerly had a partnership with Tanfoglio.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very Nice! :cool: Actually, these are a copy of the Tanfoglio Polymer EAA Witness, from before Tanfoglio added the Rail. Quite a few parts for the Tanfoglio Pistols are most likely compatible.

SAR stands for the Turkish Company, Sarsilmaz, which formerly had a partnership with Tanfoglio.
The Tanfoglio is actually a copy of the CZ75, before the wall fell you could not buy the Czech guns here.

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
The Tanfoglio is actually a copy of the CZ75, before the wall fell you could not buy the Czech guns here.
True if you are comparing the basic design. In actual parts detail, not so much! Parts will not interchange and CZ SP01 Phantom polymer framed Pistol, is not very much like either the Polymer Witness or SAR B6.

It is true that when Tanfoglio first started making copies of the Cz75, they were almost directly copied down to most parts details and a lot of parts would interchange. It WAS even possible to exchange barrels, slides, and other parts.
All that changed back in 1988 with the debut of Tanfoglio's Series 88 and all other subsequent series. Design on various internal details changed. For instance, Tanfoglio adopted a Bushingless Front Barrel lockup and a modular Magazine Latch System. CZ75's still use Bushings in the front of the Slides to lock up the Barrel and a Long Wire Spring laced thru the frame to operate it's Magazine Latch.

Also, the design/operation of the Automatic Firing Pin Locks are quite different!

I rest my case!

Reactions: MoKen and olfarhors

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Range report: I will call this gun economical, I refuse to call it cheap. I put 250 rds through it this morning 150 Federal 115gr fmj and 100 124gr hp from Freedom munitions. No failures of any kind, it is more accurate than my 6" model 66 that came along. Every piece of brass landed within about 6" of each other on my tarp. I did all my shooting unsupported from about 15yds since I am too lazy to move the tarp, the only time I would miss my 6" swinging target is when I would not wait for it to stop moving. I only have 2 negative comments, the edge of the trigger is a little sharp and will soon be visited by some sandpaper, and it only came with one mag. It is so much fun to shoot you won't want to stop to reload every 15 rounds. Design Pattern Pattern Square Paper
The tear in the bottom left corner is from the staple, This was 15 yards rapid fire with 124gr freedom munitions hollow points. Double action trigger pull is HEAVY, I would recommend condition 1 carry, otherwise you have to manually lower the hammer on a live round.

Reactions: BigBlue and jwc007

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Excellent choice.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I just bought the EAA SAR B6 4.5" from Davidson's for $281.89 after tax, shipping and everything. Fit and finish are very good for a 9mm pistol under $300. The gun comes with a user's guide, a brush, a small EAA trigger lock & only 1 mag. I will need to get more mags from EAA. Can't wait to try her out this coming weekend. BTW, the local Davidson's dealer guy was super nice. I might get the 3.8" version of this gun later. I like her so far.

Edit: I forgot to say I placed the order yesterday morning (11/5), Davidson's shipped the gun to the local dealer yesterday afternoon via FedEx overnight and I picked her up at around 13:30 today (11/6). Gotta love Davidson's!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe EAA charges $40/mag. If you order 2 at a time, it'd be $50 and if you order 3 at a time, it'd be $75. Shipping charge is a flat rate of $10.
I bought four mags for $75, then I decided with 5 mags I needed another gun so I ordered another fullsize B6P this morning:) The first one was such a pleasant surprise I figured what the hell!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I bought four mags for $75, then I decided with 5 mags I needed another gun so I ordered another fullsize B6P this morning:) The first one was such a pleasant surprise I figured what the hell!
Wow! Where did you get the mags from? 4 for $75 is a darn good price. You're correct, this pistol was a pleasant surprise, I would like to get the "compact" version as well. I went to the range with the wife yesterday, shot 100 Federal FMJ rounds and 50 Fiocchi XTP JHP rounds through it without a single problem.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow! Where did you get the mags from? 4 for $75 is a darn good price. You're correct, this pistol was a pleasant surprise, I would like to get the "compact" version as well. I went to the range with the wife yesterday, shot 100 Federal FMJ rounds and 50 Fiocchi XTP JHP rounds through it without a single problem.
I would not be surprised to see this gun picked up like Springfield did with the XD, coming soon with a new name and an extra $150 on the price tag.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, the full-size SAR B6 is an excellent CZ 75 clone. I hope the 3.8" is just as good.
let me know if the fullsize mags fit the compact. they are cheaper if you get them from Davidson's when you buy.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
let me know if the fullsize mags fit the compact. they are cheaper if you get them from Davidson's when you buy.
Thanks, I will contact Davidson's sales manager to see if they can give me a special price after all the guns I bought from their company over the years
. I am also wondering if the 17rd mag fits and works in the compact. I will post the info here after I buy the compact and try the full-size mag with it.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts