Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
I work for Sam's Club, and my wife works at the Wal-Mart distribution center as a dispatcher.

Been in our jobs 13 and 15 years respectively.

YES.........Sam is spinning in his grave.

This company is going to hell in a hand-basket

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
Does this surprise anybody that government officials in Mexico take (and solicit) bribes to get anything and everything done? If anyone raises their hand then they just haven't been paying attention. Why else is the nation a S***HOLE? Because of that primarily, the life blood and trust has been wrung out of the Mexican people. And it's coming to a country near you!

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
some of the few things not from China.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
And ammunition.
When they can get it. At Wally World today - no Rem UMC 250 in either .40S&W or 9mm - clerk said both on order since 3/3/2012. Settled for Federal 2x100 in 40's and 1x100 WWB 9mm. This store usually keeps quite a lot of ammo on the shelf as there is a range about 1.5 mi. up the road.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Have to agree, I also work for the evil empire and can say that they seem to be doing everything in their power to destroy Sam Walton's vision for His company.
It's all about the bottom line now, screw the customers and the workers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does this surprise anybody that government officials in Mexico take (and solicit) bribes to get anything and everything done? If anyone raises their hand then they just haven't been paying attention. Why else is the nation a S***HOLE? Because of that primarily, the life blood and trust has been wrung out of the Mexican people. And it's coming to a country near you!
Bribes offered to the Mexican police for minor offenses are not only tolerated...they're expected. The wife and I learned this many years ago prior to our first trip to that country back in the 80's. Although we never had to resort to this, we were educated and prepared for it nevertheless. We haven't been back lately, since the War On Drugs has helped to indeed turn this once-wonderful country into the hole you describe.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyone that doesn't think US Politicians do the same thing is living in a dream world.:r_c:
Normal people are waking up, I think...time will tell, but time is running short.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bribes offered to the Mexican police for minor offenses are not only tolerated...they're expected. The wife and I learned this many years ago prior to our first trip to that country back in the 80's. Although we never had to resort to this, we were educated and prepared for it nevertheless. We haven't been back lately, since the War On Drugs has helped to indeed turn this once-wonderful country into the hole you describe.
Don't know what it costs now, but back when I lived in Texas in the '70s, if you went to Mexico and got stopped for a traffic violation, it was a god idea to have a $20 bill paper-clipped to your DL when you handed it to the policeman.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
It's not just Mexico, but most Latin American countries. It's a way of life. Same in many Asian countries, too. I use to drive into the interior of Mexico and always kept a pocket full of small bills cause you had to pay something at every highway check point or spend your day cooling your heels until you did. same for the border entry car interior permit. At one time even camped and drove down west coast, ferried to Baja and back to mainland and return to US over a six week period. All this back in late 60's and early 70's. Now I don't go near the border.

I would prefer our politicians be as open about "mordida" as their Mexican counterparts.

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Don't know what it costs now, but back when I lived in Texas in the '70s, if you went to Mexico and got stopped for a traffic violation, it was a god idea to have a $20 bill paper-clipped to your DL when you handed it to the policeman.
Mexico my ass ;). Well maybe now.

But back in the 50's and early 60's, in New York City, the same thing was the norm.

Back then, the drivers license was on thin cardboard, with no photo. No wait: If you had what they used to call a "chauffeurs license" you got a photo from a machine, and stapled it to the license yourself. The license was actually 2 halves, folded in the middle. One half was the "conviction stub". You weren't required to show that. If you gave the officer both halves intact, then he knew you had no convictions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts