Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning, my wife walked into my office and said "If you want that AK-47 that's on sale down at the LGS, you can go pick it up"

A later comment was that she wondered what that noise was as I whooshed past her in the hallway. Then she mentioned that she knows how to motivate me now.

Today, I spent a couple of hours getting all the cosmoline off of the internals of my NOS Norinco NHM-91 (RPK semi-automatic) and giving it a general going over for clean and lube. The action is a bit stiff since it needs to be broken in, but it's smooth and not sticking anywhere. Studying up on it tells me that the Bipod screws will probably require modifications to stay put. The RPK has a longer heavier barrel.

If you go outside tonight and see a glow when looking towards Florida, it's my wife achieving Saint status.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Welcome to the world of surplus Com block firearms. Remember if you buy the surplus ammo it tends to be corrosive so try to find a gun cleaner that has ammonia in it. It you can't glass cleaner with ammonia works too.

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
That is a lovely Christmas story. Not positive, but hoping I will have one of my own to tell soon.
Many congrats and Merry Christmas....and may I suggest you treat your wife to a new hairdo that will be needed because of your blow by?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the world of surplus Com block firearms. Remember if you buy the surplus ammo it tends to be corrosive so try to find a gun cleaner that has ammonia in it. It you can't glass cleaner with ammonia works too.
I have a bottle of Hoppes #9 in my cleaning gear. There's a lot of non-corrosive ammo out there as well. I'll keep the window cleaner with ammonia in mind if I'm in a place where I can't do a bench cleaning. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a lovely Christmas story. Not positive, but hoping I will have one of my own to tell soon.
Many congrats and Merry Christmas....and may I suggest you treat your wife to a new hairdo that will be needed because of your blow by?
She says she want's a complete makeover. How can I argue?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
What does a complete makeover consist of? Is a plastic surgon involved?

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
This worked for me once....."Aw honey, you are just so lovely the way you are! Maybe trim the hair, dont want you to change at all!

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
Miss Kitty put your blinders on!

Reactions: 91 whiskey

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Lucky...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
She deserves a new makeover, and some new shoes and a matching handbag!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
She deserves a new makeover, and some new shoes and a matching handbag!
Little does he know that the handbag and shoes could have got 3 of those AK's and 500 rounds of surplus ammo. Lol :guns:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats to you Sir and enjoy the new toy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as ammo goes, it's probably a good thing for my wallet that it's not full auto like it's design intended. The RPK can empty 600 rounds in a minute in full auto. I may get to go out and shoot it this weekend. Probably at the outdoor range in Ocala National Forest.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well see!!! Santa does come, just in different packages than when you were a kid. If my wife told me that, I'd probaby "pass" out!! Merry Christmas!

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts