Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 24/7 PRO 45 SS two days ago and haven't fired it yet, but I'm having a hard time setting the safety with my thumb while holding the gun. I have to move it by lifting the lever from the bottom of the lever with the edge of my nail.

Any pressure inward by my thumb seems to tuck the lever under the edge of the slide so I can't raise it. I can see that the safety is actually touching the slide because there is a 1/4" long shiny spot on the rib just forward of the red dot, and a very small shiny spot at the bottom of the second rib forward.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
Thanks,

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got the .40 S&W model of the 24/7 Pro and don't have that problem. Looking at the gun now and there is at least 1/16th clearance between the safety lever and the slide.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, fellow newbie.

I guess I'll get my gunshop guy to look at it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should certainly have someone check it out.

I have the same gun (just not stainless) and I have adequate clearance between slide and safety. They do not touch at any point.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from Wolverine Shooting Sports. Instead of sending my 24/7 back to Taurus for who knows how long, or ordering a new lever that might also rub, Justin offered to trim off and re-blue the back of the lever. Fifteen minutes later it was working fine! :)

If it ever causes trouble in the future we can always go back through Taurus then.

http://www.wolverineshooting.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts