Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several trips to the range with increasingly worse results regarding the magazine dropping, I bit the bullet so to speak and sent her back to Miami for repairs. I tried switching the mag release to different sides, varying between 165 and 180 grain ammo, 1 handing to make sure I wasn't hitting the relase......the list goes on. Now the countdown begins to get it back hopefully in top working order.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
After several trips to the range with increasingly worse results regarding the magazine dropping, I bit the bullet so to speak and sent her back to Miami for repairs. I tried switching the mag release to different sides, varying between 165 and 180 grain ammo, 1 handing to make sure I wasn't hitting the relase......the list goes on. Now the countdown begins to get it back hopefully in top working order.
Sorry about your troubles with the PT140. I am sure Taurus will set you right. Be patient and do keep us posted on any progress with CS.

The 140 is a great firearm and hopefully yours will be back in top notch condition.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Taurus turned my PT140MP B in 12 days for mag drop problem once returned. This was after replacing mags, angst I was the problem - it went from occasional drop to drop after every firing - the normal - "it can't be the new gun" - it was, it got fixed, and has been trouble free since (2+ years)

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Keep us posted on the progress and outcome of your dealings with Taurus Customer Service / Warranty Service.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Some of the PT-140MP have mild springs that don't do a good job of holding the magazine. Several have bought some Glock magazine release springs (they are the same though longer but they are better tempered). That usually cures the problem for good once the spring is trimmed and installed.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Hang in there, that's my favorite pistola even over my PT1911!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts