Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I let me sister take My PT145 because she lives and works in a bad part of town and can not afford her own pistol right now, She is going to use it for home defence and to carry (she can shoot and has a licence) I did not sell it to her because I still want to consider it mine lol I told her to use it to protect herself and the kids and when the time comes when she can afford her own she can give mine back. I feel it might be a few years till I see it again :'(

I guess I should back story real quick......

Few months ago my wife,dad,sister,uncle, and a few close freinds all went to get there CHL.

Just a few weeks ago my uncle sent his only pistol in for service because during the shooting test it would not shoot more then 2 or 3 with out jamming. Well the thing is over 10 years old and is no longer covered by warrenty which was pretty much expected. They said it would not be worth paying to have all the problems fixed, it would be cheaper to buy another gun. Well he like my sister can not afford a new pistol right now and I am not about to let any of my family go unprotected as long as I have extra's sitting in the safe. So a few weeks ago I let him take my PT92 since he seem to shoot it really well at the range. I told him just like I told my sis he could use it untill he could replace it. Not sure how long that will be. I dont mind to much but its like 2 kids going off to school and not knowing when they will be back hahaha

Ok Im done feeling sorry for myself ;D

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I think that it's great you are able to send two of the kids to a foster home. I'm sure they will be well taken care of. Just remember, like most kids, they'll be back.
You could always have a family reunion at the local gun range.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"You could always have a family reunion at the local gun range."

Oh trust me that will happen for sure ;D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Good job helping out the family, even if it means a few of the children have moved out!

Todd

·
Registered
174 Posts
not to rain on the post, but where does that put you in a liability standpoint? if they ever got used in one of those hope it never happens situations, that put you right in the middle of the litigation.

all that being said, sorry to see them leave, but it looks like they are in good hands. i am not sure i would do it that way, (probably loan the money for a purchase) but then again, everytime i get another self defense type gun, it gets put through a quick shake down and then put into service somewhere, there is always another "nightstand" to defend.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to my lawyer before I gave them the pistols and he infored me to right up a bill of sale for them for a small amount and wheather I collect the money from them or not doesnt matter, The bill of sale dated when I handed the pistol to them would only come into play if something came up and they had to use them, If they never use them and eventually buy there own and I get my piece back then both of us can destroy the bill of sale copies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts