Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't in the manual for some reason but I spoke with Taurus because I thought something was wrong with my 24/7 g2 40 not going single action on the first round and the cure for DA first fire is to rack the slide back and pull the trigger before you load the mag, then load the mag and rack the slide and you have SA first fire.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Not being familiar with the 24/7, I am somewhat puzzled. Can you not load a magazine with rounds, insert it,
rack the slide & let it go forward to shave a round off the magazine? I do not understand why you would have to
dry fire the pistol before loading, then load the magazine & rack the slide for single action.

Oh by the way: Welcome from South Tulsa! :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome. Be sure to take advantage of all the knowledge from the veteran shooters on this forum.

Yes, what you describe at the end is how one would place the the weapon in Single Action. The 24/7 has a decocker, so if you WANT the first round to be Double Action (or how I suspect you found yourself in this condition in the first place), charge the weapon by racking on a loaded magazine, and then decock the striker as described on Page 17 of the gun's manual, linked here:

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/24_7_g2_manual.pdf

I recommend exploring the different firing conditions available to your weapon using "snaps caps" that can be found at your local gun shop. These allow you to cycle and trigger the weapon without any surprises :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the g2 starts in double action if you just load a mag and chamber a round, I didn't mean to rack it with an empty mag I meant lock the slide back and pull the trigger before you insert the mag then chamber a round and it will be in single action, I prefer to carry in single action not double, this is why I contacted Taurus about it.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
the g2 starts in double action if you just load a mag and chamber a round, I didn't mean to rack it with an empty mag I meant lock the slide back and pull the trigger before you insert the mag then chamber a round and it will be in single action, I prefer to carry in single action not double, this is why I contacted Taurus about it.
Yep, I've been doing that since I bought the 24/7 G2's last year whenever I wanted them to be in SA for the 1st shots.

Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'll acquiesce to actual 24/7 owners here. The wording on Page 22 about "firing condition remaining the same" is a little confusing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts