Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SA or DA pistols? ??? This has always confused me because I always thought that all pistols were Single Action. Since you have to rack a round and now the pistol is ready to fire. I always thought this is single action. I hope someone can clarify this for me because I am close to picking up a new Pistol and this SA or DAO is a little confusing.

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Double action means when you pull the trigger it cocks the hammer or striker and then releases it, single action means the slide has to cock the striker or you manually have to cock the hammer and all the trigger does is release the hammer or striker. On a double action only gun you do not have an option to manually cock it, everytime you pull the trigger it will cock and release, on a single action once you cock it and pull the trigger it will release the hammer/striker and in order to do it again you have to cycle the slide or manually cock the hammer. To make things a bit more confusing for ya, the 24/7 and new Mil Pro's are single action guns but if for some reason the round does not go off when you pull the trigger it will revert to a double action pull which means you can simply pull the trigger again and it will cock and fire with that one pull of the trigger.

did ya catch all that ;D

·
Registered
748 Posts
To make it more confusing, some guns are equiped with a decocker, which will allow you to manually set the gun back to DA mode after racking the slide, so that the first shot will be DA and the following shot's single action

1 - 3 of 3 Posts