Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
I've only seen two of these in my life, in two different shops. One of them I bought. As scarce as they've become, I'm surprised that prices haven't risen drastically.

I just looked at that website, and it says they're out of stock. Gee, they went fast!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was ignorant enough NOT to purchase an M&P Sport for $549 when my LGS had em on sale. Every morning, I wake up and kick myself. :D
That batch was gone the same day. Late last year when I was AR shopping the S&W became very popular (good reason) and prices rose to 800+ commonly. Now when they do appear POOF they are gone. I gave up at one point and bought a DPMS for $600 from Bud's - got THAT by the skin of my teeth. I'm happy, it shoots great and is reliable - I'll get into 3 gun in 2012 as I was planning. Here's a pic of the current state of the rifle:
7045080581_e519259791_z.jpg 7049298035_0661644305.jpg 7093512465_501799bbf6.jpg

Vortex Sparc from another gun that I had - 2 MOA red dot. Sm targets at 75 yds.

Reactions: vonzipper

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a Sport just when a small batch came in at Academy. They come in and are gone the same day!

The DPMS at Wally is really giving me the itch, question is can i afford to feed that one too. Plus optics and all the other add ons.
Yeah, another money pit.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...a decent red dot sight is all you REALLY need. Comes with two mags that work just fine. 223 / 5.56 is a fairly affordable round. I'm just sayin...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I shoot at a five hundred yard range. At that distance a red dot is bigger than the target.

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts