Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S&W M&P shield with CT laser on layaway anyone have one and how do you like it

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have a Performance Center Shield in 9mm, no lazer. I love that gun. I've only ever had one failure with it and that was during break in and was entirely my fault. I'm used to harder recoiling pistols but shooting the Shield was so easy and pleasant that I relaxed a little too much and limp wristed one round. I knew exactly what I had done and there was never another problem. I haven't shot it in .40 or .45. They may be different animals but somehow I doubt it. For me it is almost the perfect carry pistol. It carries enough rounds to be comforting. It's in an effective caliber, it easy to carry and conceal and it is rock solid reliable.

You'll fall in love with it too and really enjoy shooting it.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Same complaint I always have - just not a fan of that trigger - or safety, for that matter...

It does sit well in my hand, though. Also not a huge fan of single-stack mags for carry - I'm by no means a bad shot but the more the merrier...

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Administrator
40,567 Posts
I have a Shield in .40. i love the thing. It's accurate and very reliable. It functions well with every kind of ammo I could find to run thru it, with the exception of steel cased ammo. Usually avoid that stuff anyway, except for my S&W AR. It eats everything.:D

·
Super Moderator
38,000 Posts
I've been wearing my Shield in 45 ACP for the last 4 or 5 months. I shoot it well, it's never had an FTF, and it virtually disappears even under a T shirt in my Alien Gear IWB holster. The finish is very durable with scant holster wear showing. My only gripe is that they should have made it double stack. I have 6 +1 in the gun and two 7 round extras in a DeSantis mag holder. I've thought about changing rotation, but then think...why?

·
Super Moderator
14,007 Posts
I have a M&P in 9mm and like it a lot, for all the reasons listed in previous posts. I find, however, that as of late I agree with CZ ^ ^ ^ about wishing it had a double stack magazine.

One other thing I have not seen mentioned is, that in order to remove the slide I have to reach inside the open and locked chamber with a small screw driver, or dowel, or something and move that little do-flippy thing down before the slide will come off. Not an entirely attractive thing to do if one wishes to conduct a quick field strip under less-than-ideal conditions. (My M&P is the first model, I don't know if the 2.0 has that requirement.)

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I have a M&P in 9mm and like it a lot, for all the reasons listed in previous posts. I find, however, that as of late I agree with CZ ^ ^ ^ about wishing it had a double stack magazine.

One other thing I have not seen mentioned is, that in order to remove the slide I have to reach inside the open and locked chamber with a small screw driver, or dowel, or something and move that little do-flippy thing down before the slide will come off. Not an entirely attractive thing to do if one wishes to conduct a quick field strip under less-than-ideal conditions. (My M&P is the first model, I don't know if the 2.0 has that requirement.)
No. It's just a flip of the lever and off it comes. No special tools or other utensils needed.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
I have the .40 and .45, both Performance Center pistols and have never experienced a failure of any kind with either. I have given some thought to a 9mm in the newer 2.0 version.

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
I have a S&W M&P shield with CT laser on layaway anyone have one and how do you like it
NOPE don't own a Shield!
They have always fit me well and they shoot good for me but I am into that European thing lately.

·
Administrator
40,567 Posts
I have the .40 and .45, both Performance Center pistols and have never experienced a failure of any kind with either. I have given some thought to a 9mm in the newer 2.0 version.
You're thinking about a complete set of Shields. I've thought about that myself!:thumb:

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
I've shot my friend's 9mm Shield and it's a really good gun. Feels good in the hand, very ergonomic, and it hides really well.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
A video from 2017.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts