Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot an M&P 15-22 this weekend, 3 - 25 round magazines in less than 2 minutes. It was pretty cool! Now I want one, and I am glad I don't own an AR-15 in .223 as I probably could not afford to shoot it, at least not at that rate.

It was very comfortable and fired all rounds without flaw. Trigger was real smooth and in my opinion had a very funny reset, kind of a clunk and loud click. Factory sight was right on and easy to use.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Did you get any pictures?

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I did not plan on doing any shooting, stopped at range late Sunday evening to see if there was any Range Brass for the picking. Someone I new was there and he was playing around with it. Gave me the 3 loaded mags and said have at it. On a side note I scored about half a bucket of brass.

·
Registered
751 Posts
"Factory sight was right on and easy to use "

IMO the rear sight is quality.
Mine has taken many configurations. Carry handle sight, red dot, etc. and I keep coming
back to the stock rear sight.
The fun factor on these things is off the chart. A little costly (400) but well worth it.
Accuracy is another big plus for the 15/22.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I bought mine for a appleseed event and found it so much fun I take it to the range most times. I have also found that others shoot it more than I do, which I am perfectly fine with. Mien has been very reliable and pretty darn accurate. I love that it has the same controls and feel as my std AR, even down to the trigger reset sound Fishin pointed out, it also makes the same sound when empty!

I have found the factory sights to be pretty good but for the last year it has worn a EoTech 553 red dot, I also put a $8 JP spring kit and it brought the trigger pull down from 8# to around 3.5#, I removed the spacer between the handguard and barrel to free float it, then cut down the handguard a few rows. The free float barrel probably help accuracy some.

Here are a few pics of mine,

and with my M&P 15

here are some targets from 40 yards,

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Nice. I like the .22 idea. At first when I saw small holes in adjacent targets, I thought people were using .22's. They may have, or were using .223's.

Then it dawned on me; if the .22 puts the same size hole in the paper as the powerful .223. No reason to waste good ammo when a .22 will give you the same skill level at a much cheaper price. Makes shooting fun when you are not thinking of the expense of every 30 round magazine. I went the route of a .22 upper. I have yet to fire it.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I can't believe Stallard got so close, and still missed the quarter.

Reactions: stallard

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I own a Remington 597 with an Archangel kit from ProMag... it is a dandy shooter. The rifle is a hoot to shoot and eats most any ammo; have a number of 30 rd magazine; came with a 10 rounder. IF the S&W is $400, that is actually a pretty fair deal. Bud's Gun Shop has them for $207 (price has gone up quite a bit in the last couple years) and I paid about $120 for the Archangel kit. The kit allows the barrel to free float. I have a Wallyworld red dot on mine as well as a laser (in the event a coyote come callin). You can do the same with a Ruger 10/22. Either Archangel conversion will be less than $400... just tossing out an alternative. I just got a Kel-Tec SU-16 and am in the process of modifying to meet my druthers. It is a very nice shooter and not much more than the S&W but as noted, the .223 or 5.56 rounds cost a lot more than .22LR. .223/5.56 for bulk ammo is typically $.25-.30 a round.

AA001.jpg

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't shoot one unless your ready to buy one.
No kiddin I am ready for one now! They run $450 around here. I like the fact that 30 round factory mags are around $17.00, I was expecting to see them in the low $30's

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
No kiddin I am ready for one now! They run $450 around here. I like the fact that 30 round factory mags are around $17.00, I was expecting to see them in the low $30's
I bought mine for $419 a couple years ago, now they are $430 with a flash hider or save $20 and get one without. They are selling the mags for $14.99! In case you find yourself in Kentucky.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Gl1200a, Did your AR pictured on top come with that stock?
It looks just like my Colt, but I don't recognize the stock.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I gave 425 for this one right when they came out a couple years ago, hence it don't have the flash suppressor.
I've seen them for 399 since.
And correct on the factory mags.

·
Registered
751 Posts
"I bought mine for $419 a couple years ago, now they are $430 with a flash hider or save $20 and get one without. They are selling the mags for $14.99! In case you find yourself in Kentucky."

Where at in Ky? Paducah area?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts