Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
32,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus Armed.net > The Range > Lounge (Moderators: Qwiks draw, matanglawin9mm, Steelheart, kansas_plainsman, Taurus_9mm) > S&W having problems
Pages: [1] « previous next »
Reply | Notify | Mark unread | Send this topic | Print

Author Topic: S&W having problems (Read 1 times)

Qwiks draw

S&W having problems
« on: Today at 11:25:10 AM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=298904

And you folks thought Taurus got dumped on. The bashing piranhas have found fresh meat. Or so they think. Turned on their own kind.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The post by 44and45 was funny

This Taurus bashing has got to stop!

WHAT? These aren't Taurus, they're S&W revolvers...this can't be???

Well, not to worry, send them back on their warranty.
So this is what it feels like on the other side of the fence 8)

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is old news. I'm a big S&W fan but I will not buy any of their guns with that crummy lock on them. I buy used Smiths to avoid the lock. Taurus has a lock too, but at least I've not heard many stories of them somehow spontaneously locking(I've only ever hearde one vague internet story of a self-locking Taurus so I place little weight there). I'd buy a Taurus with it's better designed and unobtrusive lock well before I'll buy a drilled-sideplate lock S&W. In this instance, Taurus wins.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
S&W having problems
« on: Today at 11:25:10 AM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=298904

And you folks thought Taurus got dumped on. The bashing piranhas have found fresh meat. Or so they think. Turned on their own kind.

Wow....that's some serious S&W bashing! I have a 340PD AirLite .357 and an M&P 340 .357. Many thousands of rounds through the first with no problems and around 1000 through the 2nd with no problems. This includes 38 specials, +P's, and full-power .357's. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. :clap:

·
32,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I've seen S&W makes a quality product like many other makers.And maybe there are problems with the lock. Still somewhat skeptical that the so called problem is that big.

Common courtesy would be to let S&W deal with it and then get on with life.

·
32,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SIGMAs are especially run down at the general gun forums. No good reasons actually. Happens to all the brands.Even here as the complaints dept. shows.

Respecting others seems not a top priority nor is being civil.

On the other hand there are times when one has to fight like a barbarian to put a barbarian down. :)

Reason and truth generally win out anyway. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts