S&W 9mm 539 ( 1982 vintage)

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  johanncaparas 
#1 ·
150 rounds.
0 failures.
1982 vintage according to S&W.
First target's distance

Close up of the same target.

I was about to leave the line when I found 1 more 9mm round in the box. This is where I put it at 21 feet, offhand. An excellent way to end this range trip if I say so myself.

There's a place for fiber reinforced nylon, but sometimes only old school will do. :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Its a great little pistol. According to certain stats, police officers had the best hit accuracy when they switched from revolvers to these types of S&W duty guns. Apparently the pollsters knew their business.

#4 ·
There's something to being said about older handguns...that series of S&W are seen being carried by many older police officers still. I have a old generation S&W Model 411 (.40 cal) of the same design. I have never had a malfunction of anykind in thousands of rounds. I still carry it concealed as well.

#6 ·
Very very Nice! :cool:

Good Shooting and Congratulations on a very nice Pistol! Just because a gun is older, does not mean that they are not as good as newer handguns. In some cases, they can be better. :)

I have quite a few older handguns that can still chew out the center of a target and keep villains out of my home!

#8 ·
Heck these things were all the rage when they first came out, most liked the 59 series but i always felt best with the 39 series.
I see some people like to make bank shots off the side walls at your range too!-LOL
nice grouping for a bunch of shots!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.