Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I have a friend that has been offered an S&W model 910 Semi-Auto 9MM with five 10 shot clips for $275. I have looked it up on Guns America's web site. They go for new $520 to used for $280. I have several questions.
1. Does anyone here have this model or had one in the past?
2. If so, how did it shoot & did you like it? Did you have any issues with it?
3. On GunDirectory.com it is advertised as a Double Action. If you have one or owned it in the past, is it
Double action ONLY? Or is it DA/SA?
I realize that this firearm was an entry level Semi-Auto when it was first introduced. But from what I can tell, it has gone thru three generations like the MIL PROs. Thanks for any & all help.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had a 910 and sold it, just to buy something else. I had zero problems with it.
Nice gun. Nice size and good shooter. That's a good price. It is DA, meaning
DA / SA. BTW, they're magazines, not clips.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wiki says its SA/DA. Sounds like a good deal. I'll take it if you don't. :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thunderjohn, thanks for the info. Clips vs. magazines was a old farts slip. Do that all the time. And thanks Gopher. I'm not buying, but my friend probably is.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Wiki is wrong. I had one and it was DA/SA.

Mine was Okay and I sold it to a cousin, some years ago. No problems with it and it was accurate and reliable. I just preferred other handguns such as my PT92, Walther P38's, and Tanfoglio CZ Clones, at the time.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The Model 910 is being phased out, along with the rest of S&W's metal-framed semi-autos. It is a conventional pistol, with the capacity for a double-action first shot, converting to single-action on the second. The lever on the slide decocks, and safes, the pistol. Blued slide, alloy frame, also anodized blue. Currently available, with two mags, new, from CDNN, for $399.00, plus shipping and transfer fee from the FFL of your choice.

Full-sized service pistol. Feeds just about anything, is reasonably accurate, and reliable and durable. It's forerunner, I believe, was the 4006. Designed for duty-carry.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JR. That info was helpful for my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts