Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8,542 Posts
That is a beautiful revolver. One thing to keep in mind is they have a kick and may not make for the best range fungun. But for Self defense it would be pretty good.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I've looked at one and thought it was nice. The thing I don't like about it is the plastic clip used to secure it IWB. To each their own, though.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at one and thought it was nice. The thing I don't like about it is the plastic clip used to secure it IWB. To each their own, though.
I have figured if I don't like the grip , I will most likely replace them...I think I have a couple of sets of grips laying around.....

·
Registered
884 Posts
Have you looked at the Taurus Model 85 with the detachable hammer spur? Big Skiff posted pictures and some helpful info in Dec. Check it out it may fit your need.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 85UL DAO.....and a M380 and a 85 NV , Ruger LCRX and just purchased a Wyatt Deep cover

And the detachable hammer spur would be lost

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
That sure is pretty! I love 38 sp revolvers! I say Go for It!:)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Go for it. What ever happened to that show? I heard rumors of Tax Problems and ATF problems. Never followed up on any of it.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go for it. What ever happened to that show? I heard rumors of Tax Problems and ATF problems. Never followed up on any of it.
I really wanted J frame with a great ....not good but great my LGS owner said this was great trigger. I purchased a Ruger LCRX and I like the trigger ... But still not great . I really don't want a Gun Smith bill ....so I found this Wyatt DC for just. Bit more than a S&W 437 but surprising not much more 40.00 more
I'm going to move my Taurus M380 mini revolver to replenish my gun money stash

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Wyatt Deepcover is a 637... (which has a hammer) they bob the hammer ..replace springs ..polish the intrals...lighten the trigger pull ..and do some cosmetic stuff ...the Deep cover is a S&W Performance revolver

The 642 has a interal hammer and is stock....but still a fine gun.

·
Registered
272 Posts
A Smith BodyGuard is the best of all the little "tote" revolvers...no-snag hammer...but can be used in single action mode for greater accuracy...

REDD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts