Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I picked up a police trade in (arsenal refinished) Smith and Wesson 4006. Well the first shot was dead center of the bullseye, with the rest of the mag having less..... accurate results. I adjusted my grip, loaded the second mag, and took aim. I had 3 groups of three shots (groups as in side by side, in a triangle formation) less then two inches apart. Best 400 I have ever spent.

Quick list:
40 cal
11+1
De cocker
DA/SA

A pain to disassemble the first few times.

Anyhow what options are out there for upgrades? It has adjustable sights, thinking about night sights, crimson trace grips, or some grip upgrade, and a way to add a light rail, if possible. I was so impressed with this, I may even pick up one of the .45's LEO trade in's they have.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had a 4006, but someone wanted it more so I sold it. :rolleyes:
Should have kept it. Very accurate and nice to shoot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well having phone issues, so pics have to wait a little bit. On a side note, the loaded chamber indicator will not work, taking it into the shop for their gunsmith to fix. Now to find neat replacement grips, or some "non standard" ammo for the outdoor range.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Hogue offers replacement grips for the 4006. Both Meprolight and Trijicon have night sights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts