Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Never understood the allure of the 10mm, does it have better performance than .45 acp? Or was it famous just because the FBI adopted it for a little while? All I know is Ted Nugent likes it for carry, and he swears by it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
$800. + hummm, let me think, one of these or 2 Taurus and some more new stuff to go with them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ace said:
Never understood the allure of the 10mm, does it have better performance than .45 acp? Or was it famous just because the FBI adopted it for a little while? All I know is Ted Nugent likes it for carry, and he swears by it.
Ace, what I like about the 10mm over the 45acp is the capacity; I know either one are going to get the job done. I enjoy shooting both, however the 10mm has such a pop to it that it makes me grin every time and the s&w 610 is one of the best platforms I personally have shot the 10mm on.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
It's kinda wierd how stuff comes around in circles. Ten-15 years ago a revolver maker wouldn't be caught dead offering up revovlers with moon clips or advertising them. Now S&W is flaunting it, why did the wind change all of a sudden?

·
Registered
846 Posts
They use to do it with the .45 and moon clips S&W was one, just too much trouble for me.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
From what I've read, moon clips offer a quicker reload. Sorta like a built-in speedloader, and no loose rounds floating around in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yeah a lot of old timers love them, for some reason or other they fell out of favor with people, I think it had something to do with all the wonder nines that came out. But the origin of the half moon clip and the full moon was that they could not make enough 1911's for the first world war so they subcontracted revolvers to be made in .45 as a substitute standard. And after the war(both the first and second) they became surplus. At the time they were a good gun at a price lower than a 1911 that shot the same ammo, whats not to like?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts