Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day the slide catch and the safety on my PT145 were getting rusty from being up against my body. Do any of you have the problem and if so, what do you do to keep it from rusting (besides oiling it every other day).

·
Registered
116 Posts
pgreen7436 said:
I noticed the other day the slide catch and the safety on my PT145 were getting rusty from being up against my body. Do any of you have the problem and if so, what do you do to keep it from rusting (besides oiling it every other day).
to keep rust permantly off you will have to do a duracoat finish on it. Rust will always find its way to metal to matter how much you try to keep it dry, the duracoat finish will protect your gun from most elements there are different types so here a link http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/ they do have a clear coat finish if you just want protection and it is forever **NOTE** TaurusMAY void your warrenty if you get this done I would call and ask them if a duracoat finish will void your warrenty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was wondering if I could just take some of the wife's clear nail polish and achieve the same results as the DuraCoat?

·
Registered
116 Posts
pgreen7436 said:
Thanks! I was wondering if I could just take some of the wife's clear nail polish and achieve the same results as the DuraCoat?
That will work but with the gun touching your body your looking at I would say 3-5 days of protection and this is a maybe, hell it could last only 1 day who knows try it and find out and let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts